Customer reviews

Rescuing Dad
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 March 2003
This book has many great, humorous pieces about the difficlties of your mum and dad seperating. The children, Joe and Claire, discovers that they are in the situation of divorce,and hope to improve thier father so they can live happily ever after with their mum and dad. Live the adventures as Joe and claire describe the funny and amusing operation Dad Mark two. The best bits of the book is when Joe meets Deniese, the woman at the shop.
Everything is so funny when reading this book, I hope you will read and enjoy this book as much as i did. Well done PETE JOHNSON!
on 18 February 2007
Joe is the central character, and although he's fond of his dad, he can see why his mum chucks him out. Dad can't cook or clean and is basically useless. But Joe and his sister Claire want to be a happy family again, so they devise a plan to get their parents back together. Of course, this is all complicated when their mum starts seeing a new guy...

This is a good, funny read - it kept my attention even if I did find the characters a little two-dimensional at times. But then it doesn't set out to break the mould or anything - it's reassuring, even though the ending isn't too pat. And there are some genuinely funny situations, like Joe's birthday party, which made me smile. I thought some of the dialogue was a little stilted (and sometimes the children sounded far too grown up, particularly Claire) but the book is pacy and engaging. Great for the 8-12s.
on 23 November 2008
It was very good and descriptive book.
It builds a lot of suspense throughout the story till the end!
I think this is a book for 7+ children like me.

Andy (8 years old)
on 23 November 2008
it was very good and descriptive book.
it built a tot of suspense!
i think this is av book for 7+ children.
on 25 February 2017
We'd read 'How to Train your Parents' and the other Louis books and weren't sure what to read next - when my friend recommended this one. A little sadder than the Louis books - but just as funny, especially when they try and improve their dad!!. The whole family loved this poignant comedy. A real discovery.
on 29 February 2016
My daughter had this book from the school library and was enjoying it until around chapter 4 it informed her that father Christmas was not real and kids will believe any stupid things parents tell them!
on 24 July 2014
It's happy but also sad in the end. I really thought they would go back together....Oh Well but it was still good =-))
on 24 August 2005
I really enjoyed reading this book because it was so humerous. I couldn't even put it down! I think that funny books are good to read because they put you in a good mood..! I highly recommend it!