on 30 January 2015
I bought this book for my daughter as I read them all myself as a teenager. So far she is loving them just as much!
on 31 October 2010
I was really pleased to find this book for my daughter, as I enjoyed these so much myself as a child.
on 22 April 1999
Once again, Jessica gets herself into a mess and Elizabeth is left to get her out of it. When Jessica goes to an party with her new boyfriend, Scott Daniels, she doesn't know that this party is an all-nighter. The next morning, Elizabeth wakes up to find Jessica's bed hasn't been slept in (how would she know, since Jessica's bed is never made) A few minutes later, Jessica phones Elizabeth and tearfully announces all that had happened (she deserved everything that happened to her) Unfortunatly, Elizabeth is nw plunged into another one of Jessica's messes, which seems to always happen. Elizabeth vowed not to get herself into one of Jessica's messes, but unfortunatly, Elizabeth is too gullible and weak to keep that up. Now Jessica's mess becomes HER mess as well, as she wouldn't dream of "standing by and watching her own twin sister get into trouble" I seriously doubt that Jessica would all the things that Elizabeth does for her during the school day. The first thing that Elizabeth does is dress up as herself, pretend to leave and then come back into the house and pretend to be Jessica, to fool their mother. The next thing is when Todd and Elizabeth break up because of Jessica and Elizabeth takes a test for her. And then Jessica has the absolute NERVE to blame Elizabeth for the test scores (which were bad) At least she took the test for her. Ungrateful little witch. I can't imagine Jessica doing all that for Elizabeth.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 June 1999
Once again, an inventive storyline but somehow the book did not live up to the Sweet Valley standard that we've all grown to love. The book seemed a bit repetitive of previous books and didn't contain the normal spark. However, the book is an interesting read, mainly because of the plot, but a lot more could be made of it. I was disappointed.
on 17 October 1998
I think this book is a little too much for a 12 year old, maybe for 14-16 year old this would mean more. But I am only 11 and read this book when I was nine for the first time but by accident I took it out of the library a week ago. But this book talks about a very valid thing that eveyone should know about!
on 27 March 2011
I usually enjoy reading SVH books and with the interesting plot for this book I looked forward to reading it with great anticipation. However, this book proved to be a disappointment. The story starts well, but before you've even reached half way through the main storyline has ended. The rest of the story is about Liz, Todd and a surfing competition. The most annoying thing about this book is that you don't get to find out how exactly Jessica managed to get back home from the beach party. I only kept reading the book to see if it would be revealed but it never was.
One person found this helpful
on 16 February 2000
Jessie has got more than she bargained for in this book. She just never listens to Lizzie - and she's always right! Causing Liz and Todd's first argument , Jessica saunters on clumsily through life. A good read!
on 21 June 1997
Duh, this is a dumb book! By far, it's the dumbest of the entire Sweet Valley High series. When Jessica goes out all night with an older man, this spoiled brat gets more than she bargained for. Will she be rescued from her stupidity in time?