VINE VOICEon 18 December 2008
I think these Lily Bard books get better as the series progresses. I found it hard to warm to her in the first book but by this third installment the character is really up and running.

The mystery is packed with enough complexity to make it interesting, but it still a light hearted read that I enjoyed before bedtime (although the last few chapters kept me up quite late one night as I couldn't put it down!).The development of a interesting romance for Lily also helps keeps this plot moving.

The book is certainly not perfect - there are a few inconsistencies, some of the conclusion is a little far fetched, a few of the characters and relationships seem a little inplausible, and Lily certainly likes to get bogged down with the details of cleaning houses!

However, this does not detract from the overall enjoyment of the book, it is definitely a must for fans of any of Harris' other work. In summary, this is a fun murder mystery series with an unusual female lead character.
on 23 September 2015
Love the shakespeares series. The main character, Lily Bard is just a very cool woman. After all she's experienced she lives simply and slightly isolated but can't quite stay away from trouble. I really warmed to this character despite the fact or maybe because she's not a witterer. There's no inner dialogue to scan through when it gets too much, which other authors often do as a filler, just a really good, decent story. Check th out.
on 13 March 2018
Very good.
on 15 June 2013
I have read most of Charlane Harris's vampire books, and loved them so when I came across this series I just snapped them up. Charlene Harris appeals to everyone I think, she is such a down to earth, no nonsense writer. Easy to read. Easy to love. Her characters are people that you can relate to, there is always a mix of drama, romance and scarey parts. Trouble is, you can't read one of these books without wanting to read the whole series - but I see that as a bonus!
on 27 June 2014
This is a fantastic author, I love her use of words in descriptions & dialect. This is the third series of stories I have read from her and I love them. Real easy reading.
on 27 December 2013
The item was in excellent condition making it the perfect gift which was required. The arrival time of the product was superb, meeting and exceeding any expectations I had of the items.
on 7 June 2013
I enjoyed the characters and the settings. some nice suspense. I enjoyed her style of writing and thoroughly enjoyed reading the book
on 14 April 2013
Arrived on time and in excellent condition.a good read from the pen of Charlaine Harris with a good twist at the end as usual.
on 29 August 2014
Excellent, even better than I expected from the reviews.
on 8 April 2013
Good to meet Lily's family and find out more about what had happened to her in the past.
Another really good read from Charlaine Harris about a feisty and likable heroine.
Hope that Shakespeare's Counselor isn't the last one.