on 24 October 1998
I read an excerpt of this book in Joanne Redd's Chasing a Dream. I was young, impressionable and eager to see what happened to the promising heroine Sara Bishop (Sabre Wilde). It was a fast-paced read, but rather disjointed. Everything the heroine did seemed to be due to her desire to prove what a colossal brat she was, and the hero was worse! Henley, like almost all historical authors who have tried to tackle the personality of Elizabeth I, made her out to be a vain and vituperative woman. At least the historical innaccuracies were not as glaring in this book as they were in her others.
on 7 June 1998
I have read all of Virginia Henley's books and this is near the top of my favorites list. She has her hero chase the female lead in this book. Shane pursues Sabre with a venom. Little does he know, Sabre has their relationship all purposely planned out from the very beginning. I love books where the male lead is desperately in love with the heroine and her feelings are not entirely mutual....yet. If you like Elizabethian era historical romances you'll love this one.
on 20 June 1999
This is the first Virginia Henley book I read. I bought it one time in a bookstore, forgot about it and then a month or so later decided to read it because I was all out of others to read. Once I started the book I couldn't put it down it totaly captivated me!! I kept thinking to myself why hadn't I started this sooner? well since reading this book I've read all her others and never been disapointed!!!!I'd recomend her books too anyone!
2 people found this helpful
on 3 March 1998
This is the first book of Ms Henley's that I have read and I really enjoyed it.
on 7 April 1999
THIS BOOK IS JUST GREAT.
One person found this helpful