on 25 July 2017
I eas lent a copy of this many years ago. I've read it many times since. The lender told me to lend it to someone else whe I had finished it. Every time I need to remind myself I buy another copy anf it gets lent out. Don't fret. I bought another hard copy that already has a new owner on the way. This book will either do something for your soul or not. Your choice.
on 4 June 2017
Outstanding book. I've bought many copies over the years as I keep giving it away to friends. It's a very short read, and well worth it. There's real wisdom to be found in this book. It's amongst my favourite books of all time. If you're wondering whether or not to buy it, buy it.
on 16 May 2017
One of my favourite books of all time, I made this purchase to hopefully enlighten another human being!
on 28 June 2017
Very good book! Simple and so deep! It Is that simple and that easy! I don't know why is so difficult for us to see it and live it.Thank you Richard
on 14 June 2017
Perfect condition - very pleased.
on 17 June 2017
Best book ever written
on 3 November 2013
I would most definitely recommend this book for whoever likes to think about the deepest questions about life. Brilliant plot!
VINE VOICEon 1 October 2007
I first read Illusions 28 years ago, and it blew me away to find this guy saying so simply and so engagingly all the things that I'd struggled so hard to find out for myself .. all the things that really matter in life, but written like a fairy story, or an hour round the fire with a good friend, or ... well, you get the idea, I'm sure.

I kept having to put the book down every few pages, and just go, "oh YES! why couldn't I describe it like that?"

I must have bought around 20 copies by now - to give as presents and to replace when someone I'd lent it to said how much they loved it, and I told them "just keep it, then".

I still read it now & again ... and enjoy it as much as ever. I wonder how many books have that sort of loyalty? Not many in my (book!) case.

It's a fascinating book, because it can be read on so many levels: simply as a light fantasy; as a parable for all the spiritual things that really matter in life; a buddy story ... or indeed all of the above at once.

I call it my Bible, because I feel the God I know would prefer it to the Bible we're brought up with .. sorry to anyone who finds that blasphemous and upsetting, but that's my honest belief.

And it's so gently amusing while it's telling you something profound ... oh, that school teachers could grasp the value of that!

Look out particularly for the part where the vampire appears in order to illustrate the point that it's NOT always a good thing to do whatever you want so long as you hurt nobody .. that's one of favourite bits, along with the Butch Cassidy/tomato sauce blood explanation.

If you want a totally feel-good overall experience, and to be reminded of things we all would be better for remembering, do buy Illusions. I'm almost certain you won't regret it.
11 Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2012
This book was given as a present to a friend who is not able to order on line, and she was not able to find a local stockist, so she was very pleased to receive it and also liked the contents !
on 30 April 2016
Quite annoyed that this is not a properly laid out ebook, but scans of handwritten notes. I find this format tricky to read.