on 8 March 2009
I really enjoyed Crimea (My Story). It had an enjoyable story line and it had an amazing insight into the Crimea. I found out alot whilst reading it including some basic insights into blowing the bugle, day to day life whilst fighting and how the men were recruited., my favourite parts being when Michael met Florence Nightingale and the section about the Charge of the LIght Brigade,

Crimea is well written and sometimes alittle witty, I would reccomend to nine year olds up, especially if you enjoy history.
on 20 August 2014
In 1853 Michael Pope at 14yrs lives at home with many brothers and sisters, his father is a carpenter but they are very short of money. The 110th regiment comes recruiting in his village and Michael decides to become a drummer boy so he can help his family with the money he will earn. The story continues as Michael finds himself in the Crimean War against the Russians and relates his adventures and experiences.
on 7 March 2013
This book showed a lot of the different aspects of the Crimea. It show how it started and although it does include Mary Seacole it does have Florence Nightingale in it and shows the difference she made to the injured soldiers lives.
on 11 January 2009
This is another great My Story. As usual in the boys my story, it is about a war, this time it is the crimea.
Michael tells us about the unfortunate charge of the light-brigade, his meeting with Florence Nightingale and the sorrow when his friends are killed. It also tells you how he was recruited and abit about the bugle he plays.
I would reccomend it to anyone who enjoys reading historical-fiction and isn't squeamish.