Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 October 2014
I think I enjoyed it more than my 8 yr old ! World War II is part of year 4 curriculum so this was a perfect way to get him interested .
on 4 January 2012
I loved reading this book. I got it for Christmas and I had finished it by boxing day.
I have ben studying World war 2 at school and this has given me loads of extra facts about world war 2.
It was a really funny light hearted read
Thoroughly recommended
on 14 April 2011
I read these books to get a laugh and to relax from heavy history literature. They are fun, entertaining, light reading. You only spend a couple of hours and then you have finished the book. Terry Deary manages to find not so common stories to teach the most avid wwii historian something as well. I have learned a lot of new facts from these books when I thought I knew it all.
This book is not as full of humour as the books are that only touch the Blitz. You can joke about your own people but it is difficult to do so about the Germans and Japanese. He still manages to sneak it in here and there with illustrations even though the topic of war really is a horrible one.
on 18 March 2011
Terry Deary has written so many of these. He claims to "leave the bad bits in" and to present more truth and entertainment than a classroom lesson. Now I know history was far from dull when I was at school but as an introduction to a topic these books certainly get the kids attention. The problem with this particular book is that WW2 was so incredibly bad, he cant bring himself to mention little details like, geneocide, holocaust, death squads, etc, of which there was an awful lot. this is far more a history of the home front in the UK which not being invaded was a lot better than the home from most anywhere else. Therefore this particular book is vey disappointing and simply does not do what it says it does
on 11 January 2015
Bought as requested for 6 yr old who is reading it to himself and thoroughly enjoying it! All the books in this series do a great job of bringing the past to life, especially for young boys who enjoy reading about blood, guts and gore.
on 28 October 2010
Brilliant as always, Horrible Histories are brilliant. Fab book if your child is following World war 2 at school, lots of small useful stories to really catch their attention and want to learn about history.
on 20 August 2014
Very interesting
Njddbdnjsbdnr fjrjrjrjejejekdrn
Fjrjrjrjejejekdrn dismember soldiers had to fight for their lives so remember if the allies did not win we wouldn't be here writing this
on 19 September 2013
brilliant book to use if you are working on the second world war with students. It has lots of gruesome but interesting facts that students love. Good quizzes to test knowledge. brilliant
on 30 September 2013
Bought it for my granddaughter who is doing the 2nd WW as a project, the book tells it in a fun sort of way (which is difficult to do on such a subject), it has helped her immensely.
on 4 March 2014
As with all Horrible Histories this Audio CD is great, daughter loves listening to it as bedtime and seeing as though they are doing 2nd world war at school very educational