Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 July 2010
Going on to the HNC in next academic year this book was suggested for me to read over summer. It has been a real help, letting me know what each subject covers - and is really easy to read with straightforward chapters, layouts and even test yourself questions to have a think about.
College told me there are other books to use in specialist areas, but I feel really reassured that this book will be a great start to the course topics and help me understand the basics - great it has Scottish law in it too as lots of other books are englsh laws and the SVQ chapters have already helped me to understand those bits of my course.
Go and get it and make a headstart! I cannot think of any other book which would get you ready for your HNC and help you throughout too.
on 8 November 2014
Have read this book throughout and find that it is going to be really useful even though it deals with Scottish law its easy to transfer to English and it is just full of really helpful information for the HNC course.
on 29 September 2010
My tutors made it clear this was essential for the course. So far it seems like a great text book. Uses nice clear language with some great diagrams and exercises. What can I say... It's a text book! Get it if your studying HNC Social Care in Scotland!
on 17 November 2015
This book as been an essential read for me as I'm studying for my HNC in social care. It covers all important areas and is clear to understand. I cannot credit this book enough, has been a great help!
on 1 February 2011
This book will take you buy the hand and ensure you keep on track while studying for your HNC Social Care. It's excellently written and presented throughout. Each of the HNC Social Care CORE units is covered explicitly and there is no unnecessary text or sections. I especially liked the summary of what a student should prioritise in there mind relating to assessments at the end of each chapter (subject). For me, no question remained on what direction my studying efforts should take. Without a doubt this book went a long way in helping me academically in achieving and keeping my `student stresses' to a healthy level!! The only book I would 100% recommend for purchase while striving and struggling for your Social Care HNC.
on 12 November 2013
This book is a must for anyone who is doing an HNC coarse. I carry it everywhere and use it all the time. It has an overview of all the subjects that you cover. It has become my bible for my coarse.
on 24 September 2014
Fantastic book for completing your HNC in Social Care - easy to read & straight to the point. I couldn't have done without it. Well worth the money.
on 23 February 2010
this book has helped loads for doing the HNC in Social care. everything is explained clearly for each unit within the course.
on 18 February 2012
This book was fine when you started out on this course "HNC Social Care", although the content does tend to repeat itself, and also contradict itself.So I would not recommend buying this book. As we had heard that students, from another college doing the same course where told not to buy it, as it was a waste of money.
on 12 December 2011
This book has been a god send & so glad I purschased it. Has helped me through a few assessements so far, would highly recommend it for fellow Social Care Students!! What makes it even more fab is that one of my Lecturer's at College wrote a couple of chapters in the book...Cathy Busby :) Fab!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse