Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 April 2011
Bought for course, has a CD in which can be put on MP3 player, book is so good you could teach yourself.
on 6 September 2017
Bought it for my daughter who is taking her NCTJ course. She's finding it very useful
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for my shorthand module at uni and it really helped me with my test. I used the theory for practising and the CD to develop my speed.
on 13 December 2013
Needed for my course, worthwhile purchase. Simple, easy to follow, concise and complete. Takes you from beginner to test standard just as promised.
on 30 July 2017
Really comprehensive aid for those learning Teeline
on 15 February 2015
Had this book just a week and already able to write most English longhand words. It is set out in such a simple way that anyone could learn it.

I would suggest taking time with the theory (Part one), making sure you understand everything and leaving speed until you have completed and fully understood this section, then move on to Part two that focuses on speed development.

My only issue with this book is the lack of passages in Part two, it would have been nice to have double or triple the amount of passages in there, and to aid reading Teeline, the english could have been left off. But that's just me.

Some people have reported issues with the CD. I had some issues with the CD too and there are some tracks missing but they are from the 120 WPM section so I am not so worried.

Fact is, if you have to learn Teeline or like me you just want to, this book covers everything.
on 18 December 2016
I am currently revising for an upcoming shorthand exam and this book is coming in extremely useful! I love that it is recommended by the NCTJ as that is the exam I will be taking. The book is great for practice and getting you up to speed! Fingers crossed that I pass!
on 4 April 2016
I have been wanting to learn shorthand for personal use and decided on the Teeline method after learning that many journalists still actively use Teeline. This book is an excellent resource. I'm making steady progress through it.

By the way, I am a U.S. resident and was very pleased with the speed at which this item was delivered.
on 28 January 2013
You have to be really focused to succeed with this. Which is what I find hard but if you stick at it, it is a really helpful guide along the CD.
It is expensive but will help you with your shorthand so worth the investment. I found some of the writing very dry and boring though so this has hindered my study slightly. I will keep at it and so think it will help my shorthand.
on 12 September 2017
As it is now some 8 years since this book was published it is overdue for an update. The new style NCTJ shorthand exams should be included and the positioning errors of some outlines, particularly the "pl" blend" amended. It would be helpful if "u" was always joined to the preceding or following word to avoid mistaking this for "we" in exams; this could have been done by using the single indicator at the beginning of a word.