on 5 December 2001
This book will soon have you writing simple sentences in Teeline shorthand. With exercises during sections and dictation passages at the end of each chapter I found it both easy and enjoyable to master. Well organised with word beginnings and endings grouped sensibly together I found this a quick, easy and thorough method of learning Teeline on my own in the convenience of my own home.
on 5 November 2015
This was a required book for my journalism course, and I found a great copy preloved on the marketplace. Barely used! I can understand why, as learning shorthand is hard :) I used the book combined with regular classes and actually found it very clear and well laid out. The diagrams are essential and very straightforward to follow. A lot of the exercises are the same ones that I was using in class, so proved very useful for keeping my skills up week to week. All in all, recommended for any journalism student.
on 25 November 2014
Excellent and detailed text for the beginner. Contains all the basics about Teeline shorthand. Enough information - in clear and short chapters - for one to teach oneself the fundamentals of this useful writing tool.
on 27 November 2010
I studied Teeline Shorthand as part of my training to enter journalism. This is a good book but not as good as the courses themselves. It is good for a refresh of certain terms perhaps 10 years after originally studying shorthand, but apart from that, i don't think i have looked at it more than three or four times. In fact, they mostly show the longer versions of shorthand and more complicated than those that you will develop personally yourself.
on 2 May 2011
This book was in excellent condition. It appeared to be new and was a pleasure to receive. Thank you. An excellent service.
on 7 November 2009
Excellent value, perfect condition (book was just as described)and it arrived very quickly, despite the recent postal strike. I would recommend this seller.
on 2 September 2013
Taught myself and bought a couple of books to go over things. I have really enjoyed this book, its very well put together with good tips and word groups.
on 15 March 2016
Information in the book is easy to follow and learn.