Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 20 February 2012
These books look great but I couldnt understand how to use the information in them, then I realised that the actual worksheets you need for these books to be useful, did not come with it and at almost £300,are too expensive for me to purchase, so I have 2 useless books and a son with Dyslexia, falling further behind his peers and a complete sense of frustration that it didnt explain when I purchased that an expensive CD Rom was needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2009
I love these Alpha to Omega books which follow the developmental reading (and spelling) of children. These new books (published by Dyslexia Action) are an improvement on the old one which was getting a bit out of date. I wish the other material wasn't so expensive. The pupils' book is a little dull to look at and could have been enlivened with some illustrations, but it is excellent in content as usual.
on 17 December 2010
These books really helped assembling a good lesson pla, with all clear sections and words to assist in the various activities, i found theses books most helpful.
on 23 January 2015
Just what i needed also bought Kelly & Phillips Teaching Literacy to Learners with Dyslexia a multisensory approach which also has some great ideas i recommend both!!! Shame i cant get hold of the Level 2 student book :-(
on 24 February 2012
Alpha to Omega has been a 'bible' to many learning difficulty teachers for many years. This is the latest review and an excellent version. The price was amazing compared to other providers.
on 12 February 2014
At my sister's recommendation ( she is a qualified teacher and I am not) I bought these to help a young relative ( 8years of age at the time and now almost 10) who had missed out vital building blocks at school. I miss not having the teaching aids - too expensive and too many I suspect for my purpose - but we have worked our way slowly through ( it is only one of our learning activities together) once a week through term time and are almost finished part one. I have found it logical and helpful, building stage on stage whilst reinforcing what has gone before. The child's reading and spelling has improved slowly but significantly . I have also learned many of the rules of why we pronounce words in a particular way! A home learner's reduced and cheaper pack of support tools would greatly expand the use of this.
on 18 November 2013
I purchased the item the minute I found out how cheap it was and it came within afew days and i started using it straight away for my university course on dyslexia intervention at school.
Perfect!
on 27 January 2013
This book set is a must for anyone working with dyslexic children.It gives you an assessment to help know where to start with pupils and has easy to follow activities. Definitely recommend it.
on 13 April 2014
Very useful and informative. Requires concentration at first but with time I got used to it. Great value for money.
on 12 May 2013
I saw the previous addition which my teacher had, so was a little thrown when I picked these two separate books. They turned out to be exactly the same, but with the exercises in a spectate book.
I think I would have preferred them in one book, but I'm used to it now.
It would be better for a student to have the exercise book as they are they are taken through the course. I'm older, so for me personally I would have liked the convenience of it all in one place.
It is a very good book!!!! It's very comprehensive, and you can browse through it in your own time.