on 10 June 2017
There's much to be said about a book that has you laughing out loud on numerous occasions. Clever crafting and intricate detail allows for many shocking and unforeseen twists in this tale that follows a year in the cut-throat music industry. The only issue I had with the book was the sudden ending, though some would argue that adds to the whole text; leaving it on a cliffhanger. A very enjoyable read
on 10 July 2017
I know that Mr Niven can write, and I know that he can write with humour. However, I could not finish this book. The relentless darkness, sexual abuse, and self-abuse was simply far too much.
on 13 October 2017
An excellent read. Niven has created a thoroughly nasty character in the cynical and psychopathic Steven Stelfox. Written with great pace and verve, I really did find this a hard book to out down. I'm working my way through all of his books now. Working? The wrong word. It's a joy to have discovered him.
on 2 June 2017
Very, very funny book, especially if you were around in the time written about...
on 7 July 2017
I haven't laughed out loud at a book so much ever. Filthily hilarious, perversely clever. Maybe that says more about me than the book.... Seriously. A book not to be missed.
on 26 September 2017
One of the worst books I have ever read. Predictable characters, cliched plot and endless descriptions of excess which are completely unbelievable. Martin Amis won't lose any sleep.
on 2 October 2017
Unlike his other books, which I have enjoyed, this was unnecessarily basic and depressing, in my opinion.
on 11 April 2017
coool
on 19 October 2017
A truly revolting read...5 star
on 16 May 2017
Great impression of the music business.