on 20 August 2002
This book is an excellent way of introducing young children (aged between 5 to 7 years old) to history. There is a large colour picture on every page with just a few lines of text. The story of the Great Fire of London is told simply and in an easy to understand way. It is a great way to show quite young children that true stories can be just as fascinating as fictional ones.
on 21 June 2005
This is a very useful book which I purchased because I was teaching the QCA module in Year 2 which dealt with Famous events. it linked into work about our capital city and has a useful section about Samuel Pepys and his diary. A good sized book with excellent photos and nice, large print. Worth the money.
on 10 December 2010
My son is only 4 but became fascinated with the Great Fire of London when he heard Fireman Sam mention it. I bought this book so I could tell him more of the story as my knowledge was a bit limited. It's written really well, not dull as I remember history books, with lovely illustrations and my son loves me reading it to him. It would be an excellent book for slightly older children studying in Yr 1 or 2 who could read it themsleves and pull the facts out. It explains how we know about the Fire, from Samuel Pepys diaries among other things and the differences between dealing with that event then and how we'd cope today. A really good purchase. I'd definitely buy other books in the series covering other topics.
on 10 May 2011
The children were really interested in the Great Fire of London and the teacher found this a really useful teaching tool.
on 22 January 2015
Bought by my 6 year old daughter who was studying the Great Fire in her class. Perfect for the age group, with nice large print and pictures and packed with information. So good in fact her teacher borrowed it for another class he was teaching the subject to
on 11 October 2013
The class that I teach enjoyed the Big Book format as everyone could see the brightly coloured and beautiful pictures.
on 7 October 2014
Perfect for our six year old whose learning about this topic at school
on 28 February 2015
Excellent. On time. Ace book.
on 30 November 2014
great resource for school.