on 8 February 1999
I really found this book interesting from start to finish. There are the usual behind the scenes explanations and in particular the debacle between Michael Grade and the programme is explored in detail.
Personally I found the Colin Baker years some of the most interesting times on Doctor Who. Probably because of when I was growing up I suppose! The stories are described in detail and reviewed by the authors. Revelation of the Daleks (my favourite all time story along with Trial of a Timelord) is chosen for an in-depth analysis.
An interview with Nicola Bryant (Peri) is also included relating to her career and how she saw the character.
It's a good read if you're into the background of the programme.
on 20 February 2011
Excellent book, full of information on what must be the very worst era of Doctor Who. A ham lead actor, terrible stories and laughable production. Despite being a massive Dr Who fan for almost 40 years, I wouldn't watch a Colin Baker story if you paid me, the embarrassment I experienced when they were originally shown is still too vivid a memory.