Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2010
This book just blew me over. It's definitely one of the best erotic romances I've ever read and particularly it's outstanding heroine makes this book so special.

Whenever chef Luc Traverson and strip club owner Alyssa Devereaux come together the sexual chemistry between them is mind-blowing. Months ago they spent an unbelievable erotic night together and now Alyssa wants more of Luc. She has developed feelings for him and tries everything to get him back into her bed and her life. But Luc only sees the stripper and strip club owner when he looks at Alyssa. He isn't able to look behind her facade to see the woman who craves to be loved.
So Luc does his best to not get involved with her again but when threats are made against Alyssa he can't stand back any longer. Soon he's back into her bed but still his prejudices make him wary of getting into a meaningful relationship with her. In the end he has to overcome his suspicions and start trusting in Alyssa if he really wants to have a chance with this amazing woman.

"Delicious" is one of the books that I couldn't lay out of my hands after I started reading it. In my opinion it's an amazing erotic romance and I love everything about it.
Alyssa is one of the strongest and greatest heroines I ever met in a book. She went through hell in her past but still managed to turn her life into something worth admiring. I love how hard-working and honest she is. She is a true survivor and deserves only the best.
Luc is hot (of course) and very stubborn. Sometimes he acted so hardheaded that I wanted to shake him. But let's face it, we all have prejudices against certain people (for example strippers), so in part I could understand his suspicions and behaviour. But Luc was always there for Alyssa when it really counted and therefore I think that they are a fantastic pair.
I enjoyed the sex scenes between Alyssa and Luc a lot (so absolutly delicious) and Shayla Black definitely writes some of the best and hottest erotic novels.
It was also great to meet characters from the other books of the "Wicked Lovers" - series again and I'm already excited for "Surrender to me", which is Hunters book and will be released in March, 2011.
on 9 July 2013
Here we are again. Now it's Luc's turn to be snared (he's the famous chef). After Deke and Kimber get married Luc's all on his lonesome and he can't get the one night stand with Alyssa (the stripper) out of his head. He wants his white picket fence and 2.5 children but Alyssa can't give him that. She's a stripper, a whore. Who's he kidding, she is the one.
Alyssa's in love with Luc but she can't seem to break his defences or can she.
They've both got secrets and after Alyssa falls pregnant and Luc offers to marry her all the home truths eventually spill out like a tsunami.
Betrayal,jealousy and to top it love.
The passion was intense and oh! sooooo hot. Some excellent drama when Alyssa's past comes to haunt her. Very moving and well written.
on 26 March 2010
Great. Previous reviewer has said it all. Decent plot line, great erotic scenes, slightly irritating stubborn man. A few very minor criticisms: the plot line has been done before (haven't all of them?), so I did more or less guess the slight 'hitch' in the path of true love. The other would be that there is little relationship between the Alyssa person we meet in this book, and the stripper we meet in the previous one. I did have problems tying those together. And there was no hint that Luc was that poleaxed by her when they first met. But I'm willing to suspend my disbelief.
The 'mystery' side of the plot (who was stalking Alyssa) I didn't guess till quite a long way through, nor did I guess the involvement of other characters. Sorry to be vague, but it's good enough that I don't want to give anything away ...
Can't wait (CAN'T WAIT) for the next one! And yes, Hunter's book will be great.
on 5 April 2010
Have read Shayla Blacks other books and thought this one was good in parts but lacked the page turning of the others.
on 3 August 2013
Was my first time reading books by this author. I love her writing style and found that I couldn't put the book down. Look forward to reading all her books in this series. Happy reading!! :)
on 17 January 2013
This book is amazing! It explains everything about the main characters! I couldn't put it down! Shayla Black is an amazing author, she is another one of my favourite authors!
on 7 September 2010
Well I liked it, but that's about it.... Compare to 'Wicked Ties' it was a bit poor. I managed to put it down on more than 1 occasion. It needs more 'oomph'
on 28 November 2012
fantastic story line had me from first page exciting read loved it bought all the books in the series excellent
on 17 March 2014
Wow. Im a bloke and red this and it got me to attention which led to me playing with my pipe alot