on 31 December 2017
Oh my God I absolutely love this book, Loads of romance and forbidden love. had me on the edge of my seat and couldn’t put it down I was up until 2am Reading it just so I can finish it. Was held next morning so definitely give this book I read .
on 11 January 2009
'Warprize', 'Warsworn' and 'Warlord' are a wonderfully romantic series of fantasy books with plenty of adventure to keep the less romantic souls happy as well.

Enough readers have already very efficiently summarised the plot of which the review by Helen Hancox is my favourite (watch out for spoilers in one or two of the others). I just want to say how much I enjoyed the read. Having just finished the entire series, I would say that this is the best of the three. 'Warprize' doesn't end on a complete cliff-hanger so in the unlikely case you don't like it you aren't left with having to 'duty read' the next ones. In response to a point raised by someone who did not like the book... I don't think that the book is meant to be 'realistic'. It is a fantasy romance novel and I for one really appreciate it when things happen which in real life might be a bit far-fetched. At least, when the 'right' far-fetched things happen *g*

Update: I have re-read this book several times now. Just the type of feel-good story you want when the weather is foul and you need a bit of a tonic. A cup of hot chocolate in your hand, your feet up on the sofa and 'Warprize' will provide you with pure comfort reading and a truly romantic fantasy experience.

My star ratings are the result of the following breakdown:
How difficult was it to put the book down: extremely difficult = five stars
Would I buy the hardcover of this one: yes = five stars
Am I likely to read it again: ...and again and again = five stars
on 15 March 2017
As a male reader I wasn't sure I would like the book however as I love fantasy stories I thought I would give it a go. A brilliant story well crafted with interesting and believable characters. Well worth the read!
on 18 July 2011
The first in a trilogy and a really enjoyable romantic read - can't help enjoying Lara and Keir's story. The trilogy as a whole is great but I thought this the first book was the best of the 3. Lara is a strong character, principled but caring. She is claimed as a war prize by Keir but she thinks means being passed from one tyrant to another but actually means far more than that and Keir who has claimed her forfeits much and risks plenty in claiming her. As I said - its just v romantic!
2 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2016
thought this was quite innovative and so bought the next one but so sad that I had to stop half way and not sure if I can continue - can't explain without spoiler but some people should not die!
on 2 October 2017
Great fun
on 21 December 2015
Such a good book, couldn't leave it once i started to read
on 30 January 2016
Bought as a gift. Well recieved.
on 24 January 2015
One of the best books I have ever read.. From the first page to the last.
on 3 December 2017