Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 October 2010
Sleeping Beau:
Adrien is a bastard of the king, he's handsome but he's also a complete rake. I have mixed feelings about him, I wanted to love him but there was something that annoyed me a little. This is the story I liked the least (but it's still a good story!), mostly because I didn't much like how Adrien always tried to push Catherine into admitting the past. Well, she wanted it too but I felt like he was forcing her to say she wants him. The story in itself was original and the smex was hot so it's all forgiven lol. There's a bit of drama with his sister that made it intriguing but also a bit rushed (after all it's a short story so it was bound to happen =P) . I liked Adrien's uncles and I wish we'd see more of them. They looked like funny and interesting characters. A good hot short story that revisits the tale of the Sleeping Beauty.

Little Red Writing:
Now, this story I really liked! We are introduced to Nicolas de Savignac. He is a Musketeer on a mission to find the writer who publish scandalous stories about the men of the aristocracy. Nicolas is certain it's one of the 3 sisters who live with his estranged grand-mother. I really like Nicolas, he is ready to do anything to find and arrest the culprit'and if it takes sleeping with one of the sisters so be it! lol I liked the story AND the characters. Anne is a writer, she wrote love poetry but she was abused by a man she thought loved her and stopped believing in love altogether. The 3 sisters are bitter towards men, and they make the perfect suspects for Nicolas. The naughty scenes were very hot!! I was curious to know how the story would end and I didn't see the end coming. Very hot tale with lovable characters.

Bewitching in Boots:
This story was PERFECT. I loved it to pieces. There, I said it. *happy sigh* If the previous stories were hot this one is scorching hot. The story, the characters, the smex...everything was perfect. I loved the hero Tristan, he's a leader and he wants to lead in bed too. The heroine knows what she wants too, she wants Tristan and she'll do anything to have him. I liked that she was so confident and that she dared take what she wanted. Let's talk smut now, hot Bondage and dominant Tristan made it SO good. *sits on ice* The story is a mix of 'awwww so cute' and 'OMG so hot' (<===yes i'm a 14years old LOL). I loved all the characters, Tristan's brother was a funny one I would love to see him again. 2 thumbs up!!

Awakened by a kiss:
All in all this was a very refreshing book! I really enjoyed the fact that the stories took place in France, it was a change from the usual Victorian England settings. I've always been interesting in the reign of the Roi Soleil. I liked reading about the Musketeers and the king's bastards. Those stories are very hot, and I really liked that the heroines enjoyed the pleasures of the flesh and weren't complete naives. They are not passive and act on their desires. The more I read the more I loved it. While I wasn't blow away from the start I was by the end of the book!

We all have our pet peeves and some of mine are the phrase 'milking his c**k' and the use of the words juices/juice and cream/creamy. I can't help it, Milk, Juice and cream make me think of breakfast (not very sexy!). lol But that's just crazy me =P Otherwise the sex scenes are pretty hot (the last short is really really hot!!). I felt like a naughty girl reading tales from childhood with a sexy twist! I really like the concept and I'm looking forward the next 3 short stories in The Princess in his Bed. I'm very happy to know that Lila will be writing a whole novel based on a fairy tale too. *squee* I can't wait!