Customer reviews

on 30 May 2010
"Sweet Temptation" took the alpha male thing to a whole new level. Angelina and Micah's love affair was very much based on the possessive - she belongs to him, she wants to make him proud, and she will do whatever it takes to make him feel that way.

In return, Micah pushes her further than she realised she could go, all whilst keeping her safe. This led to some seriously kinky sex scenes. This goes beyond menage a trois and a little spanking, and if that isn't your kind of thing I still think you should read it but be prepared to be a little out of your comfort zone.

we meet up with the lovely ladies - Serena, Faith and Julie - and of course, those incredibly gorgeous alpha males (plus the return of Cole from 'The House' in a more starring role) along with some new men.

Part of me would absolutely adore it if she did a set of novellas on what happens in 'The House' but that's just by the by. This story was hot, the back-story was very well handled, and I loved every single page. A keeper, along with the rest of her books, and of course now I can't wait for the next one!
6 people found this helpful
on 13 August 2014
Micah Hudson's story will keep your interest throughout this excellent book. Make time to read it, as you might want to read it in one sitting.
on 13 October 2014
Great collection of hot sexy reads
on 18 June 2012
Slightly more intense than 1-3 but definatley worth the read!! I am absolutley hooked!! Opening your mind and losing your soul into these books is a great way to make you feel really good!! Really a recomended read for those of you who enjoy time out from normality and lose yourself into someone elses life!! :-)
on 1 June 2015
Absolutely love this series
Well worth a read
enjoy
on 24 December 2012
Terrible piece of writing. Characters irritating language. Lost interest in finishing it.

'Sweat Temptation' would not tempt me to read another Maya Banks book!
on 14 May 2010
I've read the the other books in this series and was really looking forward to this one, only because Micah always seemed to have a dark side to him that only we, the reader, were privvy to. However, I wasn't expecting this. It was quite disturbing, actually, but somehow it worked. Micah's discovery of Angelina's love for him and his 'rejection' of her because he sees her as his best friend's 'innocent' little sister (little does he know...), whilst struggling with his growing lust/love for her is heartbreaking. We see the lovely trio of Julie, Serena and Faith - along with all the other characters from the three previous books - all very heavily involved in the storyline without stealing any thunder from Micah and Angelina's story. It's good to see them because in life that's what would usually happen.

My reason for the 4 (well, if I could give it 4 and a half, I would) is because the sex, a lot of which is so hot but goes off the scale halfway through, was really disturbing for me. Micah took the dominant male role to a whole new level. The sharing I'm used to seeing was just crazy. And the whipping and spanking... But I have to say that somehow, Maya managed to keep Angelina's dignity. It was so weird in some places - but it worked! In one scene, Maya somehow managed to have our girl come out on top after being shared between a number of men 'to please her her man'. I didn't feel sorry for her because she didn't want me to. She was proud of what she did, she didn't feel used and felt stronger for the ezperience. And, as I said, it just worked. Maybe if I was heavily into BDSM erotica, I would have given it 5 stars. This is a good read. Lots of action towards the end, as the plot involves Angelina being threatened by a psychotic stalker. This is where all the alpha pack come in.

One of the things love about these books is that the men, although highly Alpha, the way they feel about their own women, we know those women are the ones with the real power - not the men. Whatever happens, they're always very gentle (ahem!) and protective of their ladies.

I don't know how Connor's book will turn out if Micah's this dark. Of course I'll buy it. Can't wait.
6 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2010
Warning: contains some small spoilers

"Sweet Temptation" by Maya Banks is an awesome book that combines great characters, a sweet love story and all kinds of hot and kinky sex.

When Angelina comes back into Micah's life to spend it with him forever he couldn't be more shocked. The last time he saw her was shortly after his beloved wife Hannah and his best friend David (Angel's brother) died in a car accident. Back then he decided to leave Miami and to build a new life in Houston. So when he sees Angel again he's shocked because she is no longer just a girl but one sexy and sensual woman. But he doesn't want anything beyond friendship with her because for him she's still the little sister of his best friend. Saying no to sexy Angel might be hard but Micah still manages it (mostly!).
However when Angel and people close to Micah are attacked and threatened by a dangerous stalker who followed Angel all the way from Miami he can't stand back any longer. He offers her security and a short sexual relationship in which he will fulfill all her dreams. Angel has a sexuality to match his own so she loves all Micah gives her (pleasure through pain, sex with Micah and some of his friends, total submission to him) but she still hopes that soon he will return her love. Because without his love all the pleasure feels meaningless. In the end it's up to Micah to realize that it's time to move on from the past and take a new chance to love.

I enjoyed reading "Sweet Temptation" by Maya Banks a lot. Like the other books in the series I couldn't lay it out of my hands until I finished it. To finally learn more about Micah and his past was awesome. Angel is just perfect for him even if it takes some time until he realizes it and is able to move on from his past with Hannah. Angel is a very strong yet vulnerable heroine who fits perfectly in the circle of Micah's friends. She is a very caring person and I love that although she is the submissive one in their relationship, she can also be strong for Micah and take care of him.
The sex scenes between them are definitely over the top and some of the hottest things I have ever read. Even in my imagination I didn't expect the book to be so sexy and hot.
How Angel was made welcome by Micah's friends was great, they gave her their friendship and support without asking and it was beautiful to see how Angel bloomed under their care.
When reading "Sweet Temptation" I fell in love with Damon even more. He is a great friend for Micah, never judges him but is always the first to offer help when it is needed.
Julie (I love her big mouth and heart) and Nathan are another highlight of the book. To read how their relationship changes and how Nathan manages to remove Julie's doubts is so sweet. Nathan also made me laugh out loud when he talks about guys being stupid in some situations and that is has to be genetic.
Another character I loved is Cole. The more I learn of him the more I'm fascinated and want to know further details about his life and past. The short time he spends with Angel seems to free him in some way and I really hope that he will get his own book someday.
And last but not least I enjoyed all the scenes with Connor. The way he cared for Angel like she is his sister was so sweet and just shows what a great guy he is. I can't wait to read his book (coming April 2011) to see more of him and the rest of the characters from the "Sweet"- series.

As you can clearly see I loved reading "Sweet Temptation" and IMO this series is one of the best I've ever read and a must for fans of romantic erotica.
12 people found this helpful