Customer reviews

on 10 February 2010
This book continues the story of Garnet and Sebastian, now in full wedding planning mode. I really enjoyed it. There was humour in the wedding disasters and the arrival of Garnet's parents plus plenty of the witchcraft/vampire action you would expect from having read the other 3 books.

Matyas has finally got his way and his mother Tereza, Sebastian's former lover, is back to life, sort of. She's staying in the barn while they all try to find a way to bring her back to life more fully rather than the zombie-like, Garnet-hating from she is in. Parrish, Garnet's former vampire boyfriend is also back on the scene but he may end up being helpful instead of a cause of problems between Sebastian and Garnet.

If you enjoyed the first 3 books, then definitely read this one. It's just as well written, has a touch of humour and plenty of plot to hold your interest. My only complaint is that I am really disappointed that they changed the style of the cover after the first 3 books. I really don't like the new look. 5 stars for book itself though!

Looking forward to the next book.
Garnet and Sebastian are finally planning their wedding but, as you can probably guess if you've read any of the previous books in this series, nothing ever goes quite to plan. When Garnet introduces Sebastian to her estranged parents the evening doesn't get off to a good start when they discover Sebastian is a vampire. It only gets worse when Matayas' mother (& Sebastian's ex) Tereza appears and curses them.

Having spent centuries in suspended animation Tereza has finally come back to life - well sort of! With Tereza back on the scene and the wedding plans falling down around their ears it isn't certain that there will even be a wedding. As if life wasn't complicated enough Parish is also back on the scene and he wants Garnet back.

If you're a fan of the Garnet Lacey series then you will probably enjoy reading Dead If I Do. Although I felt there was less action than in some of the previous books I do think that this was probably the funniest book so far. I was a bit disappointed that the plot was so predictable though - it didn't have any of the plot twists that I would expect after reading the earlier books.

This series has always had a chick-lit feel to it but I thougth that Dead If I Do took this one step further - still an enjoyable read but not quite what I was expecting or hoping for. I've always had a soft spot for Parish & think I prefer him to Sebastian but I felt that way even more with this book & was routing for Parish to win Garnet back. I will still be reading the next book & I'm looking forward to finding out what trouble Garnet can get herself into next.
on 15 November 2010