Customer reviews

Suite 606
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 7 December 2008
This was a really, really disappointing book, which I think does no justice to J D Robb, and has successfully put me off 2 of the other authors. It's ok if you want a quick, well written (in terms of command of language) series of time fillers for the tube, but otherwise don't waste your time.

The J D Rob story featuring Eve Dallas and Roarke is undoubtedly the best of the offerings, but even here, the feeling is that parts of the story were rather thrown together in a hurry, and it has an uncharacteristically weak, rushed, ending.

Love Endures, by Mary Blayney, was quite frankly a poor knock-off of an already bad Historical Mills & Boon, with unlikable & unbelievable characters, cliched plot and only a bewildering reference to suite 606 which the author obviously chucked in as required writing as it really didn't go anywhere in the script.

Cold Case by Ruth Ryan Langan was even worse, as it COULD have been good, but was ruined by the hero's actions - or lack thereof! - when he returned to the present time.

In character, he'd have called the local Sheriff out to exhuming remains in jig time: also, the author might have had a better ending if she'd reincarnated his lost love since she had ghosts and time travel already present in the story.

Again, Suite 606 got a mention, and again, there was no valid connection to anything that I could see.

(Can you guess I felt very let down by that one?!)

Wayward Wizard was fun, and it left me thinking that I might try something longer by author Mary Kay McComas: it had a storyline that made sense and likeable characters along with a good ending.

Overall, 2 ok stories if you haven't much choice available; 2 waste of paper stories, in my opinion.

Frankly, I'd advise you save your money for something better.
31 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 June 2014
I was a little disappointed. Although familiar with the J.D. Robb story which was realistic, I thought the other authors struggled to contrive their efforts to fit the title.
on 14 May 2016
Excellent as expected of Nora Roberts
on 24 September 2013
Love the stories, characters, even these little novellas, I have the whole collection up to date and could read again and again
on 17 December 2008
The title of the J D Robb short story in this book is Ritual in death. As any J D Robb fan will know this is also the title of an Audio(MP3)book being sold for twice the cost of the book. Wanting to read all the Eve Dallas stories I bought both and only found out they were the same when I played the CD. So yes, I feel it's a dodgy publishing practice to say the least. I hope that in writing this review, I can save other fans from wasting money they can ill-afford to lose.
31 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 September 2013
I have most of these books basiced on dallas thay make you laought as well as cry there is to long a wait for the books in just a few months there are two them. Then nothing for the rest of the year
One person found this helpful
on 3 November 2008
There are 4 stories here but only the one story by jd robb was worth reading this book for. Eve Dallas is back but in a very short story although it was still a good read. The other stories feature a wizard who is lost, a ghost who gets his comeuppance and a love story set in the past. Some of you may like these other stories but they were not as enjoyable as the eve dallas/roarke combo.
44 people found this helpful
on 29 August 2011
I ordered this book believing it to be written by Nora Roberts aka JD Robb. On receiving it, I found out that JD Robb had only written one story, while the three remaining ones were by other authors. In addition, the story by JD Robb was actually called "Ritual in Death", which I had already read. What a cheat - and a complete waste of money.
One person found this helpful
on 20 November 2014
Have read all jd Robb books. I haven't been disappointed with any of them.
on 30 November 2009