Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 17 March 2017
Love the pun in the title! This one in the sequence has a lot of info about the process of dyeing, which I enjoyed reading. Some of the characters from earlier books in the sequence are re-introduced......but I can't say any more without giving the plot away!!! As usual, there is a knitting pattern and a recipe at the end.
on 4 January 2010
Not sure how I came upon this series of murder/knitting/cooking books but I've started buying them for my Mum (okay, I've read them too!).

If you want a nice, not too taxing read then this is definitely the series for you. Despite their being a murder in every book and some general sinister "goings on" it's a cosy read and actually made me think about learning to knit. That lasted about 5 minutes and I've left that to my Mum but I would definitely recommend starting at the beginning of the series and taking a leisurely stroll through the adventures.
on 3 September 2010
Amateur sleuth Kelly Flynn and her fellow knitters are back- this time solving a murder that takes place right at the heart of House of Lambspun and rocks them all to their core. A young woman is found drowned in a tub of blue dye in the knitting shops basement, and though it is initially thought the incident is merely a burglary gone wrong, in soon appears that something far more sinister is afoot...

There's vendettas galore, an alpaca ranch and dog training for Kelly's naughty Rottweiler thrown in for good measure. A bit of romance in there too, though I sometimes want to shake Kelly and ask her why on earth she's taking her time with gorgeous sounding Steve!

A great read for cosy mystery fans; though I personally didn't find this as strong as her last one given that it was fairly predictable who was behind the whole saga from about a quarter of the way through this time! I still enjoyed it though. It's great catching up with Kelly and her friends- and there's a nice indication here that perhaps flirty Jennifer has an admirer and shy Megan's love interest from the previous book is back too. That's really why these books need reading in order- there's lots of continuation from the previous one as well as back stories to characters, so you must start from the beginning- which isn't exactly a chore. They're all fabulous!

As I've said, any book from this series is a real treat to curl up with if you're looking for easy reading. Don't be put off if you can't knit either, I can't and I still adore these books and their small-town Colorado setting. There's also a knitting pattern and a delicious sounding recipe included that is featured in the novel which is a bonus for any mystery reading foody- in this one Pete's pecan pie. Yum! Will definitely be giving that a try.
on 31 October 2009
Another good yarn from the lambspun group. ,Kelly Bert and Jennifer make a good team,a book to read on a cosy sofa with a big mug of coffee, I look forward to the next book.having met all the characters from a previous book it was like meeting up with friends and exchanging all the gossip lots of questions to answer! anyone getting Married? anymore new pets ?pehaps we can have a few more patterns? made the hat while I read the book.!Maggie Sefton never disapoints.
on 20 August 2015
I always enjoy Maggie Sefton books and this is true to form. You begin to care for the characters and what's happening to them. Also the knitting pattern and recipe in each one is a bonus.
on 8 February 2016
Brilliant loved every minute of it. Good mystery and a wee recipe and a pattern too. Couldn't beat it with a big stick.
on 17 November 2015