on 22 July 2016
The BEST book I have ever read on Domestic Violence. Includes recent research, myth-busting and more. Thought I knew it all- until this book.
Should be compulsory reading for law enforcement, social workers etc. Liberating for women caught in a cycle- you will undersand far better what is happening- how it's not 'your fault'.
on 2 November 2016
This book helped me to understand who I was and what my husband is. It gave me the power to leave a 33 year marriage and not turn back because I felt sorry for him. It showed me that his behaviour was not ok and I deserve to be treated as a person and not a piece of nothing. As the book said, controlling abusers can be full on romantics but they don't love they love to own. That answered my question that has been going around my head for many years that how can someone that loves you treat you that way. One year later, my life is getting better and it has been a long struggle but when you can be honest with friends and family, you find that they already knew and will support you. A great book.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2017
highly recommended ,I opened my eyes and understood my toxic relation..very helpful
on 22 March 2017
Excellent book. Really helpful.
on 6 November 2014
Excellent if depressing book. Worth reading if you have any contact with women in this situation,personally or professionally- ie most of us, whether we realise it or not
on 30 September 2008
This book was my bible for coming to terms with my personal experience, and helping other women overcome similar experiences in my profession as a social worker. The author is informative, focussed and determined to provide a focus on prioritising women; helping them recognise abuse and protect themselves from harm. I would highly recommend it and urge all women to read it to develop a sound understanding of this complex and challenging subject that is often ignored and repressed by society. It provided me with comfort and clarity and gave me the strength to understand my experience and move on in my life positively.
on 22 April 2014
This book explains things that you cant explain to yourself when your head is spinning because your trying to work out " what the hell is happening here? "
on 4 December 2015
This book helped me realise what was happening to me in my relationship. I'm so grateful that the author made it freely available. Thank you
on 5 May 2017
Fantastic informative book, should be issued to all girls and young women before they start dating.
on 20 June 2017
Arrived quickly as described. Very insightful book. Helped enormously to understand what I had been subjected to & help me to see what a common occurrence this sadly is.