on 16 November 2014
Linda, you have excelled with this book. I am a pretty new fan and have so far read all the Kate Burkholder books and can't get enough of them, then while I was hunting for more, I came across The Shadow Side and bought it. I really love it, it is gritty, sexy and fast paced. Please can I have more??? Linda is definitely in my top 5 authors and I wouldn't want to have to choose my favourite out of the 5 either.
on 22 January 2015
like all Linda Castillo books keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering who the murderers are right till the end , one og the most exciting authors I have ever read!!!
on 23 March 2013
LInda castillo does not fail to thrill again. I find it hard
to put her books down good writer of crime novels.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2014
Another good book should be made into a film very exciting who done it book had to read and read on
on 9 August 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 29 December 2014
Excellent
on 26 February 2013
Readable but didn't expect a Mills & Boon type of book from this author. prefered the novels featuring the Amish.
on 15 August 2014
Knew how it was going to end not a bad book to read thou ,gets better as you get into the story
on 13 July 2014
reat book enjoyed
on 19 December 2004
Actually, I have just checked some other reviews and I have been wondering whether I read the same book. I wasted too much time reading this novel and have not understood yet what the author was thinking? This one was my first from Linda Castillo, and I was eager to read it since the story seemed to me so different.
There are lots of logical and editorial mistakes in the book, after some time I just gave up. I must say that I forced myself to finish it. As I pointed out, the plot was very promising, however page by page became higly predictable. This book is not terrible but I would not recommend it. The chemistry betweeen Dr Eli Barnes and Adam Boedecker seems really forced and almost 3/4 of the book there is nothing regarding that. I also would like to raise some questions if Eli is a real doctor? As far as I know medical doctors should be more clever and cautious. The first half of the book is unnecessarily long and the plot suffers. The villain was an unconvincing one.
I have still lots of questions: What happened to Roth Pharma and Peter Roth, was Kevin really in this play? If so, why he helped in the end? Please Ms. Castillo enlighten us.
In conclusion, save the money and time.
5 people found this helpful