Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 3 September 1999
I enjoyed reading this book. It kept me intersest and turning pages. I am so liking the character developement. I've never been a huge Beast fan, but he is enjoyable in this book. I am very intrigued to see the development of Storm and Iron Man's relationship. They are both great characters and would be great together.
on 23 June 1999
Greg Cox does his best writing for Marvel to date with this novel. He has done an excellent job of keeping us in suspence by revealing only one of the villians near the end of this episode. The seven characters he has chosen for the search party looks to be an interesting interaction for the rest of the trilogy. The trio of captives has given us fantastic reading already (nice slam Wanda). I would give this novel four & a half stars if I could. However, this Hulk's mental capabilities confused me in light of other works recently published. That being my only real problem, I shout, "Buy this book! It is EXCELLENT!" Maybe books 2&3 will clear up my doubts.
on 29 June 1999
I loved the book. I have read some of his earlier works including the Q CONTNIUM triliogy. the book was great, i suggest you buy it. I did happen to find something wrong with the hulk: Bruce Banner's 3 personalities were supposed to be merged because of Doc. Samson, Hulk was supposed to have the strength of the green hulk, the smarts of Banner, and the cunning of the grey hulk. Even if this book was suppose to have the dumb green hulk she should have been dumber. the hulk was saying i will smash, he dumb hulk awlays said "hulk will smash." thank you, i suggest you read the book.
on 12 July 1999
Greg Cox does a great job in writing this first of three trilogy books. One thing I wanted to note was how well he handled each character (both Avengers and X-Men) - showing us their thought processes and providing new readers with enough background on the characters, how they relate to other characters, etc.
My only hope is that Greg does not feel the need to do the same recapping (ie. covering the same ground) again in books 2 and 3 (except with new characters coming in naturually). That is one thing that would ruin the series for me.
on 29 June 1999
Greg did a great job with expanding on why the X-Men and the Avengers do not actually trust one another in Book One and I hope this is expanded upon in Book Two. What's even more beliveable is how the general public views both teams. they see the X-Men as terrorists that should be taken into custody, they view the Avengers as true heroes, and the Hulk, well they stay out of his way.
on 4 June 1999
I think Greg is one of the best Marvel novel writers. In his two Iron Man novels, He showed that he understands the characters very well. His characterization of Iron Man was right on target. Now he is going to be writing The Avengers and the X-Men in what looks to be an exciteing trilogy. I hope Greg writes more Avengers novels in the future.
on 30 June 1999
Though I liked the painful predicament of Wolverine, Rogue, and the Scarlet Witch (and especially appreciated Wanda's reaction to meeting Rogue), the whamdinger of a final battle at Niagara Falls is the highlight of this book. What a scene of total chaos, excellently done!
on 1 June 1999
I've enjoyed Greg's Previous books. Especially the Q Continum. So no doubt, this one will be worth a read. Even though he writes long chapters, he still manages to keep us entertained.
Keep up the good work Greg.
on 26 July 2001
If you want to read a novel about superheroes, specifically the X-Men, ditch this in favour of the vastly superior Time's Arrow trilogy. I was sorely disappointed with this Avengers/X-Men novel, not even finishing the book before consigning it to the back of the shelf. Soul Killer and Codename Wolverine are also preferable to this one.
on 10 April 1999
IT WAS SO COOL I DON"T EVEN OWN IT YET AND I CAN"T WAIT TO READ IT IT"LL BE JUST GREAT I KNOW