on 10 March 2014
I've read all of these books in hardcover but not in the right order, so I've gone back, repurchased in e format and oh I wish I'd left it.
The previous book irritated me to death with the weird grammar- always putting the adjective before the verb, eg Marino was blatantly gawking; and many others that in their entirety grate on my nerves. Also Benton Wesley is so smug and lifeless he could be on the autopsy table!
Lucy too gets ever worse and would certainly improve with a good smacking. Scarpettas patronising attitude to everyone other than Lucy and Benton is rude and ill mannered and her treatment and criticism of Marino is ungrateful at the very least.
I don't know whether too much is reiterated eg the acronyms, the roles of the different FBI teams, the geography of Richmond and the decor of the morgue but I found the whole book tedious and hard going.
on 22 January 2018
excellent, highly recommended
on 26 November 2017
Fair copy - described as good
on 4 December 2017
Good old Cornwell read.
on 27 December 2016
Great book, couldn't put it down and delivered way before the expected date in time for Christmas
on 23 August 2017
To far fetched for my liking,not a good for me.
on 3 August 2017
Would recommend
on 3 October 2016
Great service, would recommend.
on 4 December 2016
Great reading at a good price
on 3 October 2017
As usual with this author, a very gripping thriller. Enjoyed it very much.