Customer reviews

on 23 June 2016
While i was a ware of most of the features in the book, it still gave me pleasure to re-enforce them.
on 17 May 2001
I read this book pretty quickly which is a good sign because it kept me wanting to read more. The format is to keep stepping back, e.g. where did mankind come from, where did mammals come from, ... until finally, where did the universe come from? Asimov's style is fairly succinct and to the point but he does take the time to explain new terms as he introduces them. For a brief guide to the history of the past 15 billion years this is a good start.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 October 1998
Asimov, as usual, handles these topics with a clear, concise presentation of the facts. His explanations are excellent. He provides very good, concrete arguments for the evolutionary processes which have shaped and guided our growth and development. I couldn't put it down and continually reread it.I recommend it to anyone interested in the truth about our existence.
One person found this helpful