on 15 July 2013
As a Pooh fan, I was intrigued at the possibility that there might be wisdom in the old cloth-eared bear. And indeed there is!

This little treasure teases out some helpful life lessons and approaches by recalling stories from the Pooh books, and reflecting on the nature of what is happening.

It is a testament to the original Pooh stories that they contain these gems, What excellent writing!

There may be "nothing new" here, but it is worth taking the time to slow down and contemplate a few things that we might already know, but fail to see and do day-to-day, and that is highly recommended.

Worth the small price for some great potential, and fun stories too.
on 26 August 2016
Read this book some time ago,lent it and of course,lost it.As a book of basic philosophy it is a triumph.
I will not lend this copy,it will remain my sensible friend ,a joy to meet up with when life gets complicated,just like a certain dependable bear.
on 1 October 2014
A friend recommended this book to me, and I can't thank her enough. Don't get me wrong . . . I'm not one of your "normal" self-help, chicken soup book readers; in fact I tend to squirm at that sort of reading. But this book is very different, focusing on ways of thinking and reasoning in an adult (despite the use of children's book characters) and non- "head tilted to one side, brow furrowed in an understanding way" approach. This is THE book for positive thinking and enjoyment of life and is one of the best things I have ever read.
on 20 July 2017
Great product. Thank you for the prompt delivery.
on 17 February 2014
The original book was a nice blend of Taoism, story-telling and charm. It's positive. In this book, however, Hoff seems to blend Taoism with doom-and-gloom spleen about how bad life is. It's not so positive. But it's still not bad, just not very Taoist. (Alan Watts wrote better books about the Tao).
on 25 February 2017
Excellent - superb condition! A brilliant 'two-in-one' edition!
on 24 October 2014
What a great book on a great subject, written in a style that millions of us love - just like the Pooh stories. I found I was reading it aloud to myself as it doesn't seem natural to internalise Pooh:-)
on 27 July 2016
This has to be up there in any philosophy collection, or Winnie the Pooh for that matter.
on 10 August 2016
The Pooh dialogue was ok but often not quite creative enough to emulate A.A. Milne successfully.

The second half was weird in its attack on feminism and oddly specific in a few things. Not in a bad way per se but I definitely enjoyed the first half a lot better.
on 28 June 2016
Delightful combination of Eastern wisdom and Western cuddliness.