Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 April 2015
I was originally undecided whether to purchase this book or not but was so glad that I did! It was essential in my preparation for the LNAT and I wouldn't have done as well without it. I was most worried about the essay and so the tips in the book helped me to better understand how to formulate my answer and were useful generic ideas that I could utilise regardless of the question. The tips on the MCQ were also really helpful and pointed out phrases often used to 'trip you up'. With the LNAT I found the more I practised the better I got at pin pointing the information needed and so the four tests in here, which were a similar difficulty to the real thing, were invaluable as only the standard two are accessible on the LNAT site (check these out too if you haven't already!) The difference here, however, was that the book offered explanations at the back for each answer and so you're able to understand where you went wrong and become more adept at avoiding such mistakes. Overall, this book was incredibly useful for me and if you're on the fence about purchasing it then I would definitely say just go for it... though shop around for the best price first as I got a used one (with minimal highlighting) for half the price!
on 10 December 2013
its very useful, i found the practice tests to be of a similar difficulty to the LNAT although perhaps slightly easier.
The sample essays were good examples of what is expected and the essay tips are helpful. Overall i found this very useful and although we're told not to revise for the LNAT, this is definitely essential for preparation.
on 27 October 2013
Some good tips, buy early so you read through and then practise the exams using the techniques
mentioned, seems a good buy
on 2 July 2014
I recently graduated MA Philosophy from Edinburgh University and applied for law school - and this might be one of the worst academic book I've ever purchased. I've taken the SATs, AP tests, CHSEEs, etc. in the states and never had such bad material to work with. I bought it because it is the most recent edition of the LNAT guides, the second most-recent one (by a different author) being published in 2011. And since these tests change - even the format itself, dramatically, I thought it would be worth the investment. But this book is riddled with errors. Not just simple spelling errors, there are a few paragraphs missing - for example the right answer on one section was not given nor explained, sections undefined - for example certain question formats from the LNAT were not explained. Worst of all - a good one out of every five answers is either blatantly wrong or up for debate. It would be difficult to determine that these errors are so frequent for someone who hasn't had the academic background necessary, especially since the test itself tends to be philosophical. There is one upside, the passages in the practice tests gave me good ideas for how to answer the essay question on the exam, but I could have read that information in any article or book. And of course, since I had to correct most of the errors, that technically made me better at solving the problems, but that's not the purpose of this book. Essentially, except for learning the format of the LNAT (for which practice tests are available online) it's not going to help you.
on 25 June 2016
Used this to revise for the LNAT. The style of questions was very similar to those asked.
on 1 November 2015
Prompt delivery great item, highly recommended for future dealing
on 21 January 2016
Very good. Really confident about the test now.
on 27 August 2015
Excellent, concise and well written
on 20 January 2015