Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2012
I think this book is good for revision, however I found other textbooks to be easier and better presented in order to learn the biochemical pathways and regulation.

However the best part of this book are its sections on molecular and medical genetics. I found that all other textbooks where too in-depth, or not have the information at all. This book had a great middle ground. It is detailed, but doesn't go into extreme detail, so it is good for a medicine degree.
on 8 May 2012
Its certainly not bad but its not the best book ever. It covers many topics which is great but I sometimes feel its not well written and very plain, even biochemistry can appear interesting if its well written. However that being said the book did indeed cover a good variety of topics with relevant information. Overall this was a satisfactory purchase.
on 26 August 2014
Very useful, concise overview. As an undergraduate biochemist I often refer to this, not only to reinforce key points but also for the excellent array of diagrams and schematics.
on 17 March 2013
Already have A's on all my assignments and am hopeful with this book, my exam will go the same! Great book for highlighting the important topics in biochemistry and to go along with my more in depth books.
on 11 November 2012
A very good book which does everything that you would expect. Recommended for any university starters. This book deserves at least a 4* rating.
on 12 March 2014
Ordered for my nephew who is at uni, Just what he needed, said it was good for his course. Brilliant
on 4 July 2015