Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 January 2011
I'm a consultant assigned to a project with an insurance company, and I don't have much experience with the industry. I bought this book to help me understand how the industry works - its theory, history, and general workings - and this book has done that brilliantly. It's well written in an easy to understand manner, and offers deep coverage of the topics at hand without being overly verbose or obscure. It does seem to be particularly focused on the UK (which is fine for me), but I'm sure the general principles can be applied world-wide. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone seeking a better understanding of the insurance industry.
on 15 January 2011
For an accountant/internal auditor needing a bit more detailed business understanding this is ideal.
Easy to read, and because of good structure you can dip in and out of it.
Great for tube rides (in small doses) and or desk reference.
on 24 June 2016
A good guide ,a graduate of insurance but havent practiced for over 10 years ,decided to take cii london professional exams ,was easily guided back with the help of this book ....thanks to the author
on 3 January 2014
I was in the same position as the first reviewer -- consultant working for an insurance broker for the first time -- and agree with all comments. I've since compared this with CII textbooks and the explanations are much clearer. I would have liked some more info on broking and international insurance, but you can't cover everything!
on 5 May 2014
A god general summary which is what I was looking for. Not took hard to read on the train. A useful book
on 11 March 2015
So far a very good book. It will take a while to get through it!