on 27 September 2000
This is a textbook that goes further than any similar volume has ever done. It introduces many complicated and often confusing topics in straightforward terms, which are demonstrated using comprehensive case studies. It also covers a broad range of media-related issues widely studied at degree level, and is structured into well ordered, intuitive chapters. The new chapters in the second edition, particularly that in regard to the internet, are of an excellent standard.
on 26 January 2015
Just what my daughter needed for her Media Production degree
on 1 May 2014
Bought this for my son and his media studies tutor said no good for a level media studies as its out of date? However is is the latest issue pr so it states it is, probably just a new cover maybe.. Now for sale on ebay
on 24 March 2006
I found Branston and Stafford's Media and Students Book, extremely helpful to me in my first year of studying media studies.
Quoting several different scholars and theorists, to back up some well thought out and well explained ideas behind media.
It was an excellent stepping stone for me and a platform to read more advanced media books, as this one was the foundation or the ground floor of media books, it covers the basics of media.
Overall a good read and highly reccommended.
on 1 January 2012
Bought this book when I started my Media Course in College and this book has saved my bacon.
It is clear and easy to read with helpful links... It's a media tutor to go!

If you are studying media I would highly recommend this book, or just for anyone who has a keen interest in Media.
on 4 March 2010
for all media students even for university use as easy read in understanding most of the topics associated with the modules required to learn
on 10 January 2011
This book is the perfect addition for a level to degree. it is not as bulky as the 4th edition, with just the same information
on 21 February 2016
This book is a lifesaver for me. I have used it throughout my three years at university to inform me when it comes to writing my essays.

I would definitely recommend it as it is jam-packed with information about concepts that can be difficult to find elsewhere or even in one place (or shall I say one book).

However, as this is an older version I would recommend the newer version if you can afford it, if not this is a close second.
on 29 October 2009
find this book very easy to read.
I am using this book for my BSc criminology and it help a lot
on 9 December 2015
Bought for my University course, life saver. Has been and will be used in all essays. Provides in depth information about a range of topics within media, giving a number of reference points and can be listed as a reliable source in any reference sheet. Must have for all Media students!