on 15 October 2015
I am taking the NEBOSH Exams on 02 December 2015, and I am surprisingly delighted how useful this new small book by Ed Ferrett is. I found the previous 2006 edition really poor and with little detail, that is why at first I was apprehensive about buying this 2015 edition. Rival revision guides by RRC are good, so I took a chance on this Ed Ferrett book with scepticism . I find this in fact even more helpful than the £39.99 2015 NEBOSH Ed Ferrett study text as that book is not in a chronological order relating to the actual NEBOSH 2015 Syllabus, element by element., and rival Study texts by RRC and RMS do follow the syllabus in order. This 'green' book has great articles on the new CDM 2015 regulations, Safe systems of work, Permit to work systems, and on the 2013 plan-do-check-act management plan cycle and I will be using it a lot now. If I pass in December it will be thanks to the supplier and Amazons excellent supply service. Really appreciate this.
on 27 February 2016
Worth buying if taking the NEBOSH Certificate as summarises the topics well.
If need a good reference book pay the extra and buy "Introduction to Health and Safety at Work: for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety", you won't be disappointed.
on 24 August 2017
Superb purchase. I'm in my late 30's and am embarking on a new career in Health & Safety. Having not studies since I was 16 (and wasn't any good at it then), this book has made things a lot easier. A must buy for anybody who needs to study the subject...
on 30 August 2017
Great revision tool for the NEBOSH General Certificate.

Covers units well, but I would certainly say that it needs to be used WITH the main texts and not instead of as a revision tool.

This book is great for on the train or on your break as a mop up, to gain an overview of the unit sections or to jog your memory on certain areas but the main texts will give the real detail which is still needed.

Great little book and really useful. Simplifies things nicely where the main texts can be very detail heavy and overload you a bit at times.

Worth every penny
on 5 December 2016
I LOVE this book. So useful and less daunting to read with everything you need to know from the big book all packed in to this handy little book. Although I can't yet say how effective it has been as I haven't done my test yet, I would definitely recommend to others
on 9 December 2013
This book is incredibly thorough, well-presented and well laid out. It conatins good summarisations of all the major points covered by NEBOSH's own learning resource in a way that is easy to access. It is a brilliant handy size - not too big but not too small either so you can still see the writing easily. It also stood up to hours of page flicking and spine breaking as I trawled trhough it for several weeks. Absolutely worth the price.
If I could improve it, I would include an index for the moments you are flicking between the pages looking for linked elements covered in different places.
I came out my resit exam feeling much more positive than I did before I used this guide so I rate this book very highly indeed.
on 12 September 2017
Great little book, will deffinately use for revision for upcoming exam
on 24 September 2016
The book is as expected as I've seen other people with this book. It has clear understandable text and complementary to the NEBOSH curriculum. It is compact enough for a small bag or to carry around.
I had ordered the book to arrive for a certain date specified in the ad, unfortunately it did not arrive by the specified date, 2nd September but arrived sometime after the 3rd September. I had ordered it to take away on holiday as I was leaving on the 3rd, otherwise the book is exactly as specified and fits through standard letterbox.
on 11 December 2016
I found this really helpful when doin the NEBOSH Gen Cert. The book used in the course is huge plus course notes means there's a massive amount of reading to do. This covers the main points if u don't have time to go through the main book chapter and verse, need a bit of a refresher and good for revision.
on 13 March 2017
Wealth of information and very useful