on 21 July 2010
As a criminologist myself I found it refreshingly easy to read
From the basics to deviant behavior laid open for easy understanding
I recommend it for students, newly interested and qualified alike at times it gave a fresh outlook on clichéd event sociology
I gave it a 4 and not a 5 as at times it rambled to make a point
on 9 January 2016
I am a sociology teacher (this includes teaching Crime and Deviance) and thought this would be a good book to read to extend my knowledge. For me it lived up to expectation. I found it well written. Ideas and concepts were straightforwardly explained and developed. There was a very good level of detail offered, helping to extend my knowledge and gain a vast amount of new information. The Year 13 AQA Sociology Specification has a section on Green Crime, which I always find a little dry to teach, this book introduced me to a range of good relevant examples of green crime. In fact it covers everything from the SCLY4 spec and the new 2015 AQA Spec. There's more than you need for the purpose of that course. I've found it a good book to dip into rather than read from start to finish. The book is not only clearly written, but clearly laid out and contains some helpful graphs, maps, diagrams and tables. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone interested in sociology and criminology, or just generally interested in crime, policing and justice.
on 22 January 2013
Really love this book. It is important to look at crime and offending from a sociological perspective. This book does just that. Very well written and enlightening. It gives examples of case studies and links it to the theories and issues in criminology. Each chapter is easy to follow and at the end has a summary of what has been said. There are some graphs and tables that further illustrates the figures mentioned in the text and particularly in the chapters or pages mainly focused on statistics.
on 4 January 2013
This book has been of great help with my criminology studies, it is easy to read, set out well and gives clear explanations and guidance for further reading. It is easy to dip in and out of and for scanning to find a reference or paragraph to use in an essay. And it gives supporting case studies and relevant examples as well as asking critical thinking questions. It's a great book at a really good price and is certainly value for money.
on 30 April 2005
A very good introduction to the field of criminology from a sociological perspective. There are many current examples which make reading it very interesting.
on 19 September 2016
A very good introduction to criminology from a psycho-sociological perspective. The scope of the work is impressive and the topics well organised.
on 19 December 2014
Great book and brought new so in excellent condition, or so one thought once got to the back of the page the pages just started to full out and had only opened the book a few times. considering the price of the book was a little upset.
on 13 June 2016
Very good
on 9 February 2014
Perfect, help me with my studies, however the book have been so poorly made that the pages, (same as criminology) started to falling apart for the binding, is not right to page for a new book that is so poorly made...
on 26 October 2013
I chose the book for my criminology study and it has helped a great deal at looking at theories of criminology. thanks