on 29 October 2016
perfect for SLT (or other healthcare / child dev) students looking for "Norms" of child development - looks at everything a child is expected to be doing, all ages and stages, and can be used with pathologies for looking at stages and ignoring ages (as these are less relevant with learning disabilities etc) but a brilliant and concise book, looking at visual perceptual and fine motor, posture / large movements, speech language and communication, social play and behaviour, hearing, self care and independence, attention emotions and self regulation, attachment and development of self.
on 14 April 2017
As expected. Easy to read and not too wordy. Thanks
on 16 January 2014
Great book. I used it for some information for my teachers assistant course and it's been really informative. I used it a lot and would be good for work use aswell.
on 23 August 2017
Good condition thank you
on 20 October 2009
I bought this book for my other half who is studying for the DCH. He thinks its a great starting point to gain an understanding of the key developmental stages and is an easy reference tool when preparing for any paediatric exam. It is a must have for anyone working with young children.
on 18 July 2011
I use this book for reference in my work. It is very clearly written and easy to dip into for specific information.
on 11 December 2010
Bought this book after searching in many books for 'norms' in all aspects of childrens delvelopment. A lot of the books have the same things in but this book is full of norms & easy to read and refer to. Once I've finished my course certainly a book I will be keeping for reference !!
on 13 February 2011
This book is the main reference book in development in children, even for the paediatricians and for their exams. The best of its kind.A wonderful, easy to read book.
on 23 October 2013
Health visiting bible for child developmental stages from zero to five years. Great throughout my training and for reference and reminders
on 30 July 2013
I purchased this book for professional reasons and carry it everywhere with me. It is lightweight, easy to read, and I use it regularly. I would recommend this book to any one working with pre school children who requires knowledge about their expected developmental milestones.