Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2013
This was recommended to me by my very first London College of Fashion professor, Bill Webb, when I was about to start my first role in fashion and, much to his and its credit, I am hugely grateful for the early support it provided in successfully carving a path into the industry.

It does exactly what it says on the tin and provides a comprehensive guide to the fashion business world - from the history of fashion in a social context (personally fascinating to me) to the standard supply chain for designer production.

If you're a marketer with a limited experience of fashion - maybe you have just secured a fashion client, or are looking to broaden your expertise in that area - The Fashion Handbook is a great reference tool to hand-hold you through your induction. I practically consumed it whole in the month before I started (just eight weeks before my first hands-on experience of Fashion Week) and I credit this book with getting me through those first crucial meetings at our designers' studios.

It is prescribed to practically every fashion student in the land and Toby Meadows also includes it in his Further Reading list in his own brilliant introductory text How to Set Up and Run a Fashion Label. But because as professionals in this ever-changing industry, we are all still learning, I strongly recommend investing in a copy for your bookshelf as a welcome reference tool and reminder of the basics.
on 26 January 2011
this handbook provides the right things I need for my subject, which is Fashion marketing, and this is also suggested by the tutor. I thing every one who is studying related courses should get it!!!
on 9 September 2010
the book is very interesting but the font is so small. it is difficult to read it for longer than an hour.