on 16 January 2011
I have long been a student of transactional analysis. This book is quick and easy to read, and yet leaves the reader with a good overview of the key tenets of TA. Whilst reading this book I had several 'aha' moments even though I have read several other books on TA. Also, for those of you who are familiar with 'Wind in the Willows', it stays fairly true to the characters,which helps to illustrate the points being made,and it is also quite funny in places.
on 14 June 2017
Absolutely wonderful! Had to read Wind in the willows again. I would recommend it to all counsellors and therapists. Stirring stuff. A jolly good read!
Aspirations of characters portrayed. Marvellous!!
on 19 November 2017
This book was so helpful for me. I'm studying to be a counsellor and this simplified things to a point were I had goosebumps with realizations. I would recommend this book for anyone, client, counsellor and everyone in between looking to raise their Eq.
on 3 January 2014
The book provides a good introduction to counselling based on transactional analysis. I found it an easy introduction but it doesn't give you a huge amount of information on self help. I'd say that it provides a good into to the counselling process for new clients that are just starting counselling and for whom the ideas introduced in this book are new.
on 7 October 2014
This book is a great read. I bought this when I was in counselling training. I have read this a number of times since then and have enjoyed it each time. It is based on Wind in the Willows and allows us to follow Toad on his counselling journey. Lovely and interesting read ..
on 12 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it gave an interesting insight into the counsellor/therapist relationship with the client. The style of the writing follows the original 'Wind in the Willows' beautifully. I read the 'Wind in the Willows' first and felt this benefitted me in being able to relate to the characters and to 'Toad's' experiences. 'Counselling for Toads' is a page turner and I have recommended it to other people on my counselling course.
on 18 March 2011
In the same vein as Benjamin Hoff's "The Tao of Pooh", this delightful book uses characters from children's literature to explore altogether more adult themes. Toad is the ideal candidate for therapeutic help, and de Board uses dialogue and internal exploration to lay out the principles of a good counselling relationship, and Transactional Analysis in particular. Never child-like in tone, it is both wise and - as the reader follows Toad's emotional journey - rather affecting.
on 11 April 2015
Few marks on the cover when received. I was quite annoyed but you know the say ;)
Fantastic book, I am not a big reader and this one is special. As easy to read as a children book, and as catchy as a grown up novel. Great support to question yourself in the right direction with and without councelor. It is so easy to identify yourself. This book is very eye opening. It should be a classic that everybody should read at some point in their life. I am hoping to find a French version to give it to my mum.
on 9 April 2017
An excellent self help book following Mr Toad and the different approaches his friends try to support him.
on 19 November 2015
I have just done an "Introduction to Counselling" course and this book was really helpful in expounding some of the things we have learned in an easy to read narrative.