on 3 December 2017
Monty Python can be a bit hit-and-miss in the humour spectrum and although I love the films and much of the series and spin-offs, this is something of a miss, I'm afraid. Occasionally MP hit the nail and their insights seem almost prophetic. This, on the other hand, doesn't tickle me. It comes over as a compilation of the cartoons and funnies of Private Eye which didn't work.
on 21 January 2015
Bought this as I could not find 'Bert Fegg's Nasty Book for Boys and Girls' at a sensible price. This seems to have a very similar content as far as I can remember at a much lower price. If you are expecting the Encylopedia Britannica then you will be disappointed. This is much funnier.
on 1 April 2010
I read this book in 1977, at the age of 30, in its original form as "Bert Fegg's Nasty Book for Boys and Girls". Like most of my generation, I had been addicted to Monty Python as a student. When I saw a copy for sale on Amazon.co.uk, I came over all nostalgic and had a copy delivered to my 12 year-old grandson. The boy didn't disappoint me - he thought it hilarious, and it's had the positive side-effect of getting him back into the habit of reading.
One person found this helpful
on 1 December 2010
We were lucky enough to hear Michael Palin speak at the Belfast Festival this year, and he read several pieces from this book;to uproarious laughter from the (very large) audience, which is what prompted me, early the following morning, to search for it on Amazon.
It arrived a day or so later, and has a real flavour of Monty Python about it - it's mad, whacky, funny and gross in equal measure, and is a really good book to dip in and out of.
It appears to be written for a younger audience but I think almost anybody with a slightly quirky sense of humour will enjoy it.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2016
Just brilliant! Perfect for a 15 year old newbie Python fan. And his father...
on 8 December 2016
Great and a excellent
on 9 December 2014
Did not find it funny.
on 30 December 2015
Excellent
on 24 May 2013
Brilliantly funny, and very, very clever - two of the funniest Python's got together many years ago to write one of the best 'keep it next to the loo' books ever.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 May 2015
Generally very funny - typical Python humour. As with the original shows, some parts better than others.