Customer reviews

on 18 April 2016
MY BRAIN HURTS
on 4 February 2013
he absolutely loves it !! been looking for a copy for ages to tell me the tale of spiney norman lol
on 11 January 2015
Very funny, enjoyed it a lot.
on 6 July 2017
I bought this and th brand new M P papperbok ok for my 15 year old step-son`s birthday..... to kind of educate him. Kids are so straight and cynical nowadays!
I had 3 pints tonight, got home , then sat in the garden, and looked through this book again
It`s been over 40 years since I`d had a good look at this stuff and ...................I was almost pissing myself.
All the boys own anti conventional, anti authoritarian surrealism and pre punk piss taking came flooding back. these guys must have had such a laugh coming up with this stuff.... Hope Terry remembers all the wonderful laughs he helped create... bless him!
Awesome anarchistic subversion.
Not sure if youngsters or Yanks will quite get this, but... this is the spewing font and cornucopia of all modern humour (In my opinion)
I mean ... even the tiny details can be hilarious.... `Toad sexing can be fun` , Toad sexing as a money earner`
Pure surreal joy for silly folk who know how to let go on reality for a few moments and tune in to the cosmic joke
on 2 May 2000
This is one of the deepest and significant works I have come across in the last 3 centuries. It emcompasses emotion, mortar mixes and small furry rodent technology. without doubt an essential reference to modern life. My children also adore it as a bedtime story read.
on 11 January 2016
The Big Red Book brings back many horrible memories from First Form in the early 70's, when I read this for the first time. Back then it seemed very trendy and cutting edge. If an unfortunate pupil was caught with this book, he would have been severely spanked by the Headmaster.
Over 40 years later, the book seems very tame and, on considered reflection I'm sure some of my former class mates would now pay a lot of money to be spanked by the Headmaster....
on 24 May 1999
I'm sorry but this book is just too silly. The cover is too red and too hard. I only gave it one crown as you can't give it zero. A very silly book with lots of nudity, some songs and lots of other things that sensible people like me disapprove of.
`Monty Python's Big Red Book' was probably the first ever TV tie-in cash in Christmas book. The material is drawn from the first two series of `Monty Python's Flying Circus' but great TV sketch material does not make for a great book.

However `Monty Python's Big Red Book' is served better than most comedy books in that it has Terry Gilliam and his perfect graphic design to make it look absolutely fantastic. And so this book should be ideal for anyone wanting a beautiful looking book to remind them of the Python's, anyone wanting a book to capture the humour of the Pythons would be better served by buying the scripts to `Monty Python's Flying Circus' which have also been published.