on 8 December 2017
The short version after Brecht's hugely long ensemble piece is much much better!
on 2 March 2017
I've genuinely grown to like Brecht as an author. Full of annotations and notes for students of drama.
on 1 January 2014
I bought this to study as part of my Open University course. the first time I read it I was not that impressed, however the more I have studied the more I have realized just how brilliant this play is. It is one to really make you think about your own life and Brecht is right time does repeat itself.
This version has a fantastic commentary section which has a good amount of historic detail about the play and really helps you to understand it.
on 12 August 2010
This is a good trnslation and the play is a very aceesible way of loooking at the science and the impact it had on the world then. Raises questions we still ponder upon today.
on 23 January 2015
Very good book. I had to read it for an OU course, and was pleased to find it very readable. It's a play script in format, and tells us all we didn't know about Galileo.
on 10 November 2015
Wonderful play by Brecht where all of his techniques are on show, also educational
on 6 April 2016
Arrived in time for my A300 OU course - good price too compared to what OU quoted
on 25 January 2015
The book I received was not the same version that was advertised.
on 16 May 2016