Customer reviews

on 12 June 2017
takes me back to my childhood. Loved this book as a 9 year old and still,suprisingly, find it very amusing.
on 1 May 2012
Bert Fegg (the celebrated author of this book) is a genius.

Anyone who assembles such a marvel as the collection of information about the very abstract animals in the wonderful world of nature AS WELL AS describing the attempt to cross the Andes by Frog (later used by the copy-cat Michael Palin as a basis for an item in his amusing series Ripping Yarns) is clearly a genius.

And these are only two articles in the book.
There are many many more delights inside the book (but NOT if you are of a nervous disposition - you have been warned dear reader) including a great xmas pantomime.

THIS IS A GREAT BOOK and worth twice whatever you pay for it.

I am not tied up by Doctor Fegg.
on 30 July 2008
Dr. Fegg's book is horrible and full of things like lighter than air otters, the Montana Boiling Tiger and pictures of monsters' entrails. The fall of Roman Imperialism is well described. Ideal for children of all ages, especially those in their late forties.
on 12 June 2014
40 some years ago I bought 5 copies of this book and gave one to my children and the others to deserving children. Just recently my son gave his copy to his daughters. I was encouraged to find at least one more for another poor child , who was, going to grow up without the knowledge and wisdom of darling uncle Bert.
on 1 August 2010
I have never had another book STOLEN! This is obviously the only one that was worth stealing in my collection. I was very, very angree, and since I have been interested in setting up a trust fund to supply all children with a copy of this book, which is the way things should be. Also, I am going to buy another copy, and if anyone steals it I will know who it was because I am going to imprgnate the usless page (the one that all non-weedy people rip out in front of their friends) with a deadly poison!!!
on 18 October 2016
From the Monty Python boys, this children's annual/handbook is the usual collection of absurdities and silliness. My 10 year old son loved it, albeit that I had to explain some of the humour.
on 12 November 2015