on 14 December 2014
A good 'starter' book to read up on how their lives came together, but some of the accounts just do not stack up. Priscilla has written her version of events portraying herself is a good light, but when you read other books afterwards, you realise how economical on the truth she is being.

I read 'Child Bride' after this and found that far more revealing and believable. That earned a 5 star rating from me,
10 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2017
After reading 'Being Elvis' by Ray Connolly and 'Child Bride' by Suzanne Finstad I thought I would read Priscilla's account of her time with Elvis. It was good to get a different perspective, but it was very simplistically written, almost as written by a child. The accounts differed greatly from previous books, but also, I was disappointed that Priscilla did not touch on certain major aspects of their life. A lot of her previous life and boyfriends from the time Elvis left the army and Germany, were omitted. Other books demonstrated, with backed up knowledge of her previous relationships, which were claimed to be sexual although Priscilla still claimed to be a virgin when marrying Elvis. I found it quite a sad life for Elvis and believed he adored Priscilla until the end. It was not as informative as other books and in fact made me quite dislike Priscilla by the end.
One person found this helpful
on 25 August 2017
I really enjoyed reading this book, I understand that some of the anecdotes should be taken with a pinch of salt though and I'm going to read Child Bride next as I've read a lot of reviews of this book saying it's a good follow up to get a non-bias portrayal of Priscilla, I'm hoping to learn more about Lisa Marie too. All in all it's a good read and an interesting insight to their life together at the time. I'd recommend it.
on 1 December 2016
Fantastic read couldn't put the book down.Priscilla seems a remarkable woman who put up with alot from Elvis even though he also gave her a glamourous lifestyle and did love her .A must read.
on 8 October 2015
Enjoyed the book. Loved reading stories of Priscilla's life with Elvis. The book I received was very tattered, had to cello tape some pages together but I guess I shouldn't moan too much, the copy I received was published 30 year ago.
on 30 October 2017
yes like this
on 1 February 2018
read this
on 14 April 2018
Great book! Could not put it down !
on 23 July 2017
After reading Being Elvis I read this book and again felt very sorry for what
Might have been with the right guidance being given to Elvis.
on 3 December 2017