on 24 March 2011
My young daughter loves Richard Scarry's stories and word books as did I when I was a child. She has some of the hardback books and always enjoys pointing and saying "there's Huckle" so I decided to buy this bedtime story book.

This book is quite small and is ideal for reading at bedtime instead of one of the large hardbacks but the reason I find it slightly disappointing is that the stories are all featured in the hardback editions. This is not mentioned in the product description and I thought that it would be a new story or stories.

If you already own 'What do people do all day?" and "The funniest storybook ever" you may want to spend your money on a different bedtime book. If, however, you don't own the others then you'll find that this is a nice little collection of simple stories that young ones will enjoy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 December 2013
I've loved Richard Scarry books for years - all those little drawings and bright colours with such imagination. My daughter and I would spend hours looking at them. So, I have bought this for my four-year old neice in the hope that she'll enjoy it as much. I am a little disappointed in that there aren't as many stories as I'd hoped (hence the 4 stars), however, as an introduction to the books it's a start.
on 24 August 2013
I bought this book when pregnant; I had loved Richard Scarry as a child and wanted a touch of nostalgia to put on the nursery shelf. Although my baby is not yet 3 months, we have really enjoyed reading these brief and witty stories. my little one is transfixed by the illustrations, which are bold enough to stand out, and giggles throughout each tale, probably because they make me smile. I can't wait for her to really appreciate the content, a little gem of a book.
on 28 July 2014
My baby loves this book and she's always so excited when I pick it up to read to her. She loves the pictures. The fact that it has additional stories makes it a nice bedtime story book because you don't get bored reading different stories.
on 14 July 2014
My little boy loves listening to these stories and loves the pictures and sits intrigued on my lap, perfect for bed time
on 1 June 2015
old favourite that is now a new favourite..
on 29 May 2015
Great book. Needed a little wipe but my son loves it.
on 9 December 2014
Secondhand book bought as present for my grand daughter who loves the pictures.
on 27 August 2014
Terrific
on 2 March 2011
It is another Richard Scarry book so it is good and our grand children love them. Full of interest, good quality and fun.