on 22 December 2014
I am still reading this epic and have learned so much about how South Africa came to be. It is better than any number of dreary history lessons as it gives you the facts in an entertaining way - I feel as if I am there! I have always loved Mr Michener's writing since reading Centennial about 35 years ago. The book arrived quickly and was as described by the seller, used but very good condition. And it cost me next to nothing. Thank you.
on 20 October 2013
Started reading Mihener books 20 years ago or maybe more. I have always found his subjects interesting and he has always researched his backgrounds so well. If you haven't read any this may not be the best book to start with, but many of his earlier books were much slimmer and perhaps easier to read. Haven't personally read a bad one yet.
on 24 May 2016
One of the finest stories I have ever set eyes upon. Wilbur Smith once wrote superbly descriptive African fiction For many years he was my favourite Author. Michener is simply streets ahead. You read and 'live' his work.Simply outstanding novel of Africa!!!!!😎
on 4 February 2016
A wonderful book,I enjoyed every page of it and there are an awful lot of pages.
on 4 April 2016
Great read
on 3 August 2016
Great quality and good service, real value for money.
on 4 November 2016
Not what I expected.
on 21 June 2014
the description was accurate and it is always easy to find what you are looking for. Delivery is prompt and as stated.
on 6 September 2015
The book was in a very good condition.
on 19 June 2013
Having lived in South Africa all my life, for some reason in my older age I seem to have forgotten much of South Africa's history. Somebody lent me this book and I loved but now wanted to read it again so have now bought myself a copy and also one for my girlfriend.