Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 5 April 2014
This book is excellent and comprehensive book on Trauma, how it is acquired, and also how we can heal from trauma. Trauma is not mainly a cognitive problem, it is a body oriented physiological response to threats, where our Fight or Flight mechanism is triggered, but where our physiological processes are incompleted, leading to PTSD and other unresolved trauma issues. This book integrates insights from Somatic approaches to Trauma, effect regulation, safety issues in treatment, the role of narrative and cognitive functioning, and is more comprehensive even than that . Its a must read for any therapist offering Trauma Treatment.
on 3 October 2017
I recommend this all the time - I wouldn't trust anyone who claims to be an expert in trauma who hasn't read this.
on 21 July 2017
This is a must for all therapists.
on 23 November 2014
Essential reading. Buy it!
on 6 July 2014
SO VERY HELPFUL
on 10 January 2014
I am immensely impressed with this book. As a psychotherapist, I found it very useful not only to help me understand my clients' experience of trauma on a physiological, psychological and emotional level, but it also helped me to find the right words to explain to them what they were experiencing.

Babette Rothschild uses accessible language to explain really complex terms; her writing is really easy to understand and she enriches the text with case studies and examples from her own professional experience of helping people to overcome the debilitating effects of trauma and PTSD.

I would only caution those readers who find it very difficult to grasp neuroscience concepts- I am inclined towards neuroscience and therefore found it quite easy to follow the text. It is made easier by diagrams and explanatory notes; however if you are really struggling with these terms, you might find the book slightly more challenging than you expected.

Either way however, I would still recommend it, whether you are a professional working with traumatised people, or if a loved one has survived trauma. It will give you a great insight into their experience and how to best support them.
on 13 May 2013
It is a good read and exp0lains in easy language, PTSD and highli8ghts PTS which is more common. It has certainly helped me to better understand trauma in my life as well as clients.
on 9 May 2012
Have this book and the casebook quite a while now and have found it very easy to work with.
Babettes method provides a safe and gentle way for the client and the therapist in helping clients with stressful memories and feelings. It is uncomplicated and just requires practice and the building of observation skills. Once I got the technique, I found it useful in tracking myself and the client resulting in providing a safer place to work through unresolved trauma. Highly recommend it for anybody in dealing with Trauma as it can provide some new coping strategies to empower a client.
on 15 March 2017
Interesting book
on 13 May 2017
My daughter recommended i read this book and i am glad i did. So much made great sense to me while reading it.