on 15 January 2015
This was a fun little read. Although saying that, it was far from 'little' at over 600 pages! I actually did enjoy the fluffyness of this book although my reason for only three stars is because I couldn't get over how much I disliked the lead character, Carey! She was so naive, gullible and at times, rude and abrupt - I just found her to be a little unstable. I found myself rolling my eyes at her argumentitiveness. Despite that, this was a good chick-lit and very simple and straightforward to get through too.
on 29 July 2012
I have several of Sheila O'Flanagans books in hardback. They have been gripping reading and I have enjoyed them - not so this book. It was great in some places and although it still has the happy ending that the reader is led to want, I felt that it was almost rushed at the end. I also found that I wanted to skip bits - not a good sign.

It was a 'so-so' book - not up to her usual standard. I found myself wondering whether I would have preferred it in hardback rather than on my Kindle - but what does that say about me, or my Kindle? I love my Kindle - just not this book!
on 6 August 2017
Another fantastic book which I have enjoyed reading! I liked that the central character can make mistakes as well. No one is perfect. One decision can lead us onto other things and we question ourselves all the time. That's life!
on 18 December 2014
Full marks for supplier - item arrived in excellent condition & on time. As for the book itself, maybe could have been a bit shorter, or split into two volumes - I was skipping bits by the time I was two thirds through, and the serious nature of the research doesn't really suit the cover illustration. I believe e reprint has now been done with a more serious cover.
on 30 November 2014
If you love an urban legend then you will love this book. Well written and some attempts at an explanation of where some of these derived from.
on 28 July 2012
I have searched high and low for a decent book on this subject and was very happy when I found this as it ticked all the boxes I was looking for. It is an enjoyable read and I found it very hard to put down. All tales are given variants and explanations as well as lengthy theories where the legends could have originated. If you are interested in Urban Legends you will enjoy this. I can't wait to read more from this author.
on 26 July 2017
I loved every minute reading Too Good To Be True lm a huge fan of Marian Keyes, however, Sheila O'Flanagan comes a close second.!!! l would really recommend this book.
on 24 March 2016
mostly American legends.
on 24 December 2014
My wife enjoyed reading this book .. it was also good value for money
on 11 November 2015