Customer reviews

on 30 May 2017
Love, love, love this book!
Interesting for anyone who is interested in life, but highly recommended if you also happen to love knitting, yarn or other creative crafts.
Thanks to dear Ann Hood for collecting these stories.. I also loved her <3 novel 'The knitting circle'!
on 19 December 2014
What a brilliant idea for a book - and the perfect present for any friends who both knit and read. I love the cover too - that sight of colourful yarn laid out as in an old-fashioned woolshop that you see so few of these days is guaranteed to excite any knitting enthusiast. And even if they're not already eager readers, this book will soon get them turning the pages.
on 13 January 2014
I love all the stories as I see so much of my own life reflected in many of them. Knitting has helped me through some really hard times and until reading this book I thought I was the only nutter! It is great to read about like-minded people! The stories reflect a sense of history and family and show the connection running between a craft and elderly family members, some of whom have passed away. Being creative and using your hands can be so therapeutic and especially in recent years where knitting and crafts have seen a huge revival it is a pleasure to read these stories. If you're a knitter, this is for you! And if not, then maybe this will make you want to pick up some needles and start knitting!
on 13 March 2014
Absolutely wonderful book and I wish there were a British equivalent! I would love to know what British writers had to say about their knitting lives. This is not only for knitters...it's just a great book and very good to have by the bedside. One story a night works very well!
on 19 June 2014
A collection of stories about what knitting has meant to the writers, in cases life saving after a huge bereavement and in other cases bonding between generations. Some of the stories seemed contrived and a bit boring but overall I enjoyed it. The best stories were those in which knitting tasks were interpreted as a metaphor for human struggle and development.
on 25 February 2014
I didn't realise so many people felt the same way as I do about wool (yarn)!
Whether you're obsessed yourself, or in awe of others who are, this makes a great collection of anecdotes to 'dip into' . I originally bought this for someone else, but I loved the cover so much, I had to keep it on my bedside table!
on 2 January 2014
Lovely book.Arrived quickly and a great present for knitting friends.Good selection of stories to dip into.Ideal for the bedside table.
on 13 February 2014
A quaint book! A range of stories.some more involving than others. I have donated my copy to a local wool shop that runs a club!
on 27 May 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed these knitting anecdotes. Some were funny, many gave me a new perspective, some suggested new questions, and I found it just as interesting to read a couple about people who don't knit, or those who have different views to mine, as those that agreed with me. Nice to see pieces from writers who knit as well as knitting writers! A couple of the patterns appeal to me but that wasn't really why I bought the book, they're an added extra for me. Well worth a read for those who love to knit too.
on 8 February 2015
I bought this as it was chosen as one of the best book covers of the year. I agree and love the name and the picture. Unfortunately the book is pretty dull and has uninteresting patterns, some crochet which I wouldn't call knitting. It does look pretty lying around though!