Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 June 2011
I was prompted to buy this because I found it in my local Sutton, Surrey library (save libraries! - I would never have come across it otherwise). I subsequently bought it because it is the best attempt I have seen to provide a bit of definition in what is usually a very woolly area of discussion, that is, How does digital technology affect the way we preceive the world? Does it alter the fundamental way we think? Unlike most articles or books which attempt to tackle this notoriously elusive question, this is full of facts that would be hard to gather by any other means, thought-provoking, and entertaining.
on 14 April 2009
The shift to Digital in photographic imaging has changed the paradigm that has ruled photography since its invention, this has not been realized by most people. Ritchin lays out the changes in a clear and concise manner that is engaging and thought provoking. Providing a new idea how to see photographic digital imagery, where the artist name becomes paramount in how we read photographs for notions of truth.
Highly recommended reading.
Michael Wayne Plant
on 26 August 2015
Excellent introduction
on 21 December 2014
Have dipped in - probably read about a quarter of it, but up to now I am a bit disappointed.