on 10 September 2013
I had not realised this was a comic book when I ordered it -- Amazon could have made this aspect clearer.

It is nicely printed, and the stories are fun. Be aware that the stories do contain some (mild?) violence and sinister menace;
consequently, personally, I'd have some slight reservations about giving the book to a child.
on 25 April 2010
A collection of stories about a 'Good Cop' and a 'Bad Cop' - its basically a cop story set in a dog world - brilliantly done. It was originally published in The Guardian so it comes with a pedigree - pun intended. The artwork in this book is stunning. But you instantly expect that with any book/comic with a 'DFC' tag. The artwork brilliantly captures the slapstick nature of comedy al la 'Laurel and Hardy' and there are some great film noir references that your kids may not get but you will.
This book is now very popular in my son's year 6 (10-11) class. Its a funny, clever, very artistic comic book that will appeal to childrens of say 5 upwards - there's real depth in the writing and the artwork so the older you are the more gags you will appreciate. Apparently book 2 is in gestation so please tell all your freinds and pass the word around so that we can be sure to see a book 2.
on 10 April 2010
Fantastic artwork, great (and amusingly bad) gags and two great characters in McBoo and Bergman, 'Good Dog, Bad Dog' is worth buying for both the kids and yourself. Or buy one for the kids and then swipe it off of their shelves for a read.
It's a great quality book which showcases the excellent art and colouring, it's a fine example of just how talented a bunch the guys at the sadly defunct DFC are - and luckily for us we now get these great quality volumes. Roll on Book 2...
on 11 May 2015
A comic books with an 8 year old boy's sense of humour, it had him captivated, he read it all over 2 nights, which was amazing for a reluctant reader. We found this book because we were bowled over by the author's utterly brilliant book "the Bear, the boy and the boat" my sons first "big" book, which we both loved, quirky & unusual with a very British sense of humour.
on 9 April 2010
This collection of Good Dog Bad Dog stories would be great for any child (or adult!). It's beautifully coloured and laugh out loud funny in parts. The plot-lines are cleverly constructed - my favourite was 'The Golden Bone'. Highly recommended.
on 1 April 2010
And out of the Guardian the dogs did ride.

Afraid of newspapers? Can't read comics unless they're shackled by a cover? Well let your fears be flung from a window on high, as the fine ol' pups of Mr Sheltons head have left their papery confines to rest happily in this lovely A4 slice of hardback fun (though still in a papery confine incase you think this to be printed on slender leather). A great treat for kiddies of all ages, especially if a good ye olde noir detective biscuit is what you yearn. Told with a great sense of humour and with beautiful art through out, you'll happily do the flat foot waltz for many a page. Highly worth it.
on 26 November 2010
Good Dog Bad Dog reminds me of my youth. I remember comics from when I was a kid, many years ago. Myself, my brothers and my Dad all used to, "discuss," who would get to read the various publications first. That was back when we bought comics to read because of the stories and the pictures, and not for the free plastic toy on the front cover. The story is brilliantly told, wonderfully illustrated and like the comics from my past, is enjoyable for both Dads and their sons. It also has dog detectives driving cars and wearing disguises. What's not to like.
on 16 August 2013
A must read - exhilarating and enthralling! Expertly rendered with breathtaking style and humour. Can't wait for more from our dynamic duo...
on 18 October 2013
Got my 10 year olds nose straight into it. It mmediately becqame a gripping funny couln't put it down read.
on 7 July 2015
Fantastic book very funny.