Format: Board book|Change

on 1 April 2005
This is a beautiful book that is destined to become a classic. It made my wife cry when given as Mother's day present by our baby daughter. It sums up everything a mother means to a child and is illustrated in a timeless way. If you really, really love your mum then show her this wonderful book.
VINE VOICEon 16 August 2007
My son absolutely loves this book. Beautiful illustrations celebrating all the things Mum is good at as seen through the eyes of a small child. Like the "My Dad" book the ending shows Mum and child sharing a cuddle and acknowledging how much they love one another. My son always says "That's you Mummy and you are giving me a cuddle" before throwing himself into my arms for a real one. Beautiful - we love it.
on 9 March 2016
I bought this as a Mothers Day present from my 20 month old to his Mummy and needless to say she loved it. I really adore Anthony Browne's books. He is imaginative, yet simplistic, with his story telling. This particular story is a series of pages of all the wonderful things 'Mum' is. The illustration style is playful and distinctive. The book itself is well made if not a little lightweight. The print quality is great.

I would recommend this book to parents, especially as a bed time story. As a supplementary story I would also recommend 'My Dad' by the same author.
on 19 March 2014
My daughter had 3 books about Dads and how great they are - so to balance that out I bought her this one! What a lovely book to be cherished by both the mum and child! Wonderful illustrations throughout with clever use of the main design on each page. Simple to read and understand. Don't understand some of the comments about the Mum being MY mum and not the big boss, film star etc. The book is actually saying that a mum can be all of those things, but at the end of the day, she is first and foremost a mum - and I agree completely! Would recommend as a gift to any new mum for her to share with her baby/child or to any child. It will definitely go into my daughter's keepsake box for the future - when maybe one day she will also have her own child to read it to! Long live Mums everywhere!!
on 22 October 2012
"My mum COULD be a dancer, or an astronaut, or a movie star, or the Big Boss.... BUT she's not. She's my mum."

I do like this book but always get a little miffed with this line.

Actually, I am the Big Boss, and I COULD be a dancer, or a movie star, or an astronaut and still be a great mum.
on 15 May 2009
I really want to tell you about this book because the story is about what a little girl thinks of her mum. A brilliant book to read, enjoyable for all ages. It will make all mums around the world smile.
on 25 March 2015
I loved the dad version of this, but was a bit disappointed in this one. It's just not as witty and slightly stereotyping of gender roles. Still, it's a sweet book and a lovely present to a new mum/mothers day gift.
on 9 May 2012
This is a beautiful book, my son and I absolutely love it and must have read it together hundred of times as it is a bedtime favorite. I have also given it as a gift for friends at babyshowers as I think it makes a lovely addition to a child's library. 'My Dad' (by the same author) is also a must have as it stops Daddy feeling too left out!
on 8 March 2014
This is a fantastic little book. I needed it for a reception class, who are going to be making mothers day cards and it fits in perfectly.
Really good condition, so it was as advertised and I would definately use this seller again.
Thank you.
on 8 January 2010
I bought this book as I already had Anthony Browne's 'My Dad' book which has become a firm favourite of my 16 month old son who will repeatedly pick it out for reading again and again. This book is very much in the same vein, being both warm and touching. The prose is amusing and easily memorable (useful if having to read upside down) and the illustrations are beautiful.