Customer reviews

on 2 May 2014
well written enjoyable read ,had seen tv doc and decided to give book a try in depth account. recommended . enjoy!
on 3 December 2014
A hugely enjoyable book. Finished reading within a month of purchase. Fascinating
on 21 February 2017
Excellent
on 18 July 2011
Having read the authors previous books on the Great War, First Blitz and The Unknown Soldier and being really impressed with them, I thought I must give this new work a go.
Although somewhat shorter than the other two books mentioned, only 300 pages, it doesn't detract from this book. Packed with detail and some good photos this book not only informed me, but also really entertained me, I was amazed at the ingenuity and at times the humor of the prisoners.
I never really knew anything about what prisoners experienced during the Great War and although this book deals mainly with the officers camp at Holzminden it gives a good insight into what it must have been like, and in common with the other two books I have read from this author, at times this book reads like a novel and is difficult to put down.
I thoroughly recommend this book.
9 people found this helpful